The hidden past

Szusanna's POV

When I was finally able to open my eyes, I felt something warm around me. I was surprised to see Anakin next to me, his arms were wrapped around my torso, and his face was next to my neck, i could feel his breath on my skin. He was sleeping. It took a minute to recognise that I was in a hospital room, and another minute passed till I remembered, why. It felt like a nightmare, nothing more. I remembered the pain, the blood, and Ani's voice as he said that things are going to be all right.

I smiled to myself, giving thanks for the fact that I was still alieve, and I  felt so comfortable with him. I didn't want to wake him up, so I stayed motionless, but some minutes later he gently unwrapped his arms, and moved into a sitting position. Maybe he believed that I was still sleeping, because as he looked down at me, his eyes went wide.

'Are you awake?' he asked with a smile and grabbed my hand.

'Yes!'

'Since when?'

'Since an hour, maybe. I don't know.'

'But why didn't you wake me up?'

'You were sleeping so peacefully that I just couldn't. I didn't have the heart to.' he nodded with a small smile, but I could see how tyred he was. His eyes were sparkling, as if he was about to cry.

'Ani, what's wrong?'

'How can you ask this? You nearly died!' I didn't even think about how hard it was to him.

'But I am here, Ani! I am all right!' he bent down, and kissed my forhead softly.

'But I realised that I can loose you! It was horryble! I don't want to feel it anymore!' hearing this was heart warming, but painful at the same time.

'You are not going to loose me, Anakin! I am here, and I wont leave you alone!' he steightened up, but didn't let go of my hand.

'I hope so! Can you remember what happened?'

'Yes, I think. But I don't really understand it!'

'Than I tell you. Somebody poisoned you!' I sat up quickly.

'What? But who?'

'I don't know. Maybe someone who was at the celebration. Were you eating or drinking anything there?'

'Yes, as I remember. I can't believe it! But why would somebody want to kill ME?' he shook his head.

'I don't know, but I sent a massage to the Council that we are going back as soon as you wake up!' I nodded with relief.

'Finally! I don't want to come back again!'

'Oh, really! Do you know who was here to see how you are?'

'No. Who?'

'Seaara. He asked me to take care of you as long as he can't.' even if I was talking to Seaara about it, I was still a little disgusted.

'What does it mean? Why did he say this to you?' he looked up to the ceiling, and I was sure that he hesitated for a while. 'Anakin!'

'He didn't exactly say that, but I believe he wants you to be the queen sooner or later.' my mouth dryed out.

'The queen? Is he insane? I am not going to be his wife, or even his friend!' he kissed my forhead again.

'Just calm down, I've already told you that I will save you!'

......................................................

I was still weak when we finally arrieved back to the jedi temple. It felt so good, to be away from that place, and I really hoped that I won't need to go back again.