Burning

One week later Anakins POV

I was sitting in her room again, like every day in the last week. As she left, as she walked out of the room and went to Caracusa, i felt like part of me died. Maybe the guilt did this to me, maybe it was something else, but i was not able to see anyone, not even Padme.
After i came back to the jedi temple, i told everything to the Council and they killed Palpatin, so he was not a problem, and they forgave me for my mistake. Everybody forgave me, but i couldnt forgive myself. I could still see her sad, broken eyes and i heard as she was screaming in pain because of me.
I ve never wanted to hurt her. I ve never wanted anything else, but to protect her from everything, and now? She is forced to marry Seaara. Even if it was the prophecy, i couldnt accept it. I didnt want to loose her.
My nightmares about Padme stopped. Maybe Szuzanna saved her life too, not just mine.
I was sitting on her bed, which was still the same. Nobody touched it, and i remembered as i was holding her in my arms there. I could still feel her sweet lips on mine, but she was not with me anymore. I lost her.
I heard a soft knock on the door.

'Ani, please open the door! I have to talk to you!' Said Padme and i took a deep breath. I unlocked the door with the Force.
'Come in!' She opened the door carefully, and i saw how worryed she was.
'Ani, are you all right? Can i help you somehow?'
'You know what i ve done! How could you help me?' She walked up to me and stroked my heir.
'Stop blaming yourself, please! There is no point in thinking about it all the time! I know that Szuzanna was important to you, she was my friend too, but she would never want you to suffer because of the past!'
'Padme, i raped her and killed her baby! You didnt see the pain in her eyes, but i did.' She took a deep breath, and her eyes started to water.
'I saw it Ani. I was with her when she went to the Caracusa, i know how desperat she was. But its over, she is not a jedi anymore! And thats why i am here!'
'What?'
'We are invited to her wedding. It will be tomorrow, and we have to be there! For Szuzanna!' I remembered the time when she was talking about her nightmare with the wedding. It was not just a dream, it was the future, just like my dreams.
'Does she really wants us to be there?' She nooded.
'Yes. Its our last chance to meet her as our friend, after it, she will be the Queen of Caracusa! I dont want to miss the chance of hugging her one last time, and i am sure that you dont want it too!' She was right, i was just not sure that i can handle it. I imagined as she was hugging me, just like before, when everything was all right. Than the question hit me. Was anything ever all right?

Szuzannas POV

I was standing in front of the mirror of my new room, and it felt so strange. It was the day of my wedding with Seaara, and the day, when i will loose my freedom forever. But was i ever free? In my whole life, i was chained to something or to someone. For a while, it was Hernan, than the jedi order and Anakin. I was always the slave of my feelings, it was not freedom.

Without Hope, everything felt colder and emptier. Before her, i was that empty, and i didnt even realize it!

But it was over. My past was gone, and its time to live for my future! I dreamed about this day before, so i knew that Anakin was there, with Padme and Kenobi. At least, they were my family, but i just didnt want to see them. Seaara insisted on inviting them, because he taught that i have to see them again, but i was not so sure about it.

'My Lady, please, its time to go!' knocked the guard on my door and said. I just couldnt use to this name. Lady.

'I am going, thank you!' Even if i was a stranger at the Caracusa, they already loved me. Maybe because of the prophecy, but they expected me to become a great Queen, and i wanted to be one. If i have to do this job, i wanted to do it right!

I stepped out of the room, and the guard bowed in front of me.

'Lady Szuzanna, follow me!' i nooded, and we walked to the Crystal Palace, where the ceremony was. I was worryed. I remembered the burning feeling from my dream, and i was scared to feel it. Will i feel it? I didnt ask Seaara about it.