What a date |Ch.4|

I went to sleep pretty earlier that night. I wanted this nightmare to be over. I'm not anyone's. And I'm certainly not going to be his. He's crazy if he thinks I'm going to be.

I woke up the next day to multiple messages from Alex.

Alex: Cara gET UP!
Alex: I wanna hangout
Alex: I'm coming over don't be alarmed

My phone vibrated as I read the last one

Alex: get your ass down here and open the door

Jeez she's fast. I quickly got out of bed and hopped down the stairs to the door. I opened it to reveal the smiling face of Alex.

"Hey Alex nice to see I got a warning".

"Well technically I did give you one, you're just a heavy sleeper apparently".

I rolled my eyes and stepped aside so she could come in.

"So what's up?".

"Oh not much, you know just getting hit on by a guy that's ~literally~ crazy. The usual".

"Wait WHAT? Who is he?!" She said smiling wide.

"Did you not hear the crazy part?" I said.

"Is he really THAT crazy though? It might be because you don't really have experience with guys". Ok she really just @ed me like that.

"Oh boy, do I have a story for you".

I told her the whole story about how he followed me home and basically broke into my apartment and now won't leave me alone.

"Whoa this is some real shit. What are you gonna do?".

"I don't know." I said raising my eyebrows.

"I know what you could do." Alex said with a sly smile.

I was hesitant to ask.

"Oh my god what are you thinking?"

"Well when you left the party, a guy came up to me and said he saw you with me so he assumed I knew you. He ask if you would like to go out some time" she said smiling and shaking my arms.

Oh my god what if it was Mark who went up to her and she didn't know?

"What did he look like?"

"I don't know he has like blonde-ish hair. Wavy but not too long".

I didn't know I was holding my breath until I exhaled when she said that.

"Anyways he said maybe tonight? I think it would really help you get your mind off of that Mark guy".

She was right. I really needed to forget about him and just live my life.

"Ok what time?" I said all in.

"I don't know I gave him your number so you should be getting a text about it soon" she said.

I was actually so thankful for this.
I hugged her so tight I thought I might be hurting her .

"Thank you, Alex. I really need this".

"You're welcome, Cara. I just want you to be happy".

She is the best.

"Well I better get going, and you better start getting ready. You have a date" she said smiling.

She opened the door and left. I stood there momentarily not knowing what to do until I got a text.

Unknown number: hey Cara. This is Grayson. I was at the party the other night and saw you with your friend but you left so I had to get your number from...Alex I think her name was. Anyways, I was wondering if you wanted to go out at about 6:30?