Stay with me |Ch.7|

Once we got to his car he let go of my hand and paced a bit, running his hands through his hair, trying to calm down. He was scaring me because he was so on edge. But he basically just saved me.

I just stood there, watching him and waiting for him to calm down a little.

After awhile, I decided to speak up,
"Mark" I said softly. He stopped pacing and looked over to me, not saying anything. "Are you o-"

"I'm fine" he said sternly, looking past me. "I just.." He looked down at the dark pavement under his feet. This is the first time I've ever seen him at a loss for words. I felt bad. He would literally beat a guy up just because the guy was being drunk and stupid. I don't know why or how I even managed to do this but I walked slowly over to him, he was still looking at the ground, and I hesitantly wrapped my arms around his torso and rested the side of my head against his chest.

I think he was somewhat surprised by what I had decided to do, I mean I was too. He kind of stepped back, stunned, but came back forward to wrap his arms around me. We stood there like that for a bit. He kissed the top of my head then stepped back. "Come on" he said motioning to the car.

I hopped in on my side and he got in on the drivers side. He started driving I assumed back to my house to drop me off. But after awhile I didn't recognize where we were.

"Uh Mark... Where are we going?"

"I have to go by my place and check on something".

"Oh...ok" I said somewhat nervous.

What does that even mean? Did he maybe leave the oven on or something? No come on, I feel like he wouldn't be the type to forget that. Did he forget to lock his door?

We got to a pretty nice apartment complex. He lead me up to where his was. He unlocked the door and walked in. I followed a little ways behind. His apartment was a bit bigger than mine but it didn't have an upstairs like I did (I got lucky).

I stood there awkwardly as he walked to the hallway and disappeared.

He was gone for a long time and I started to wonder where he went. I hesitantly walked over to the hallway to see where he was. He was standing there with his back against the wall. "Mark why are we here..?"

"Well after what happened tonight," he said walking towards me "I don't want you staying alone at your apartment".

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Mark I'll be fine, you don't have to worry about me all of the time" I said starting to turn around to walk towards the door.

He caught my wrist and spun me back around towards him "yes I do Cara, you're mine. I told you that" he said getting closer.

"Yes you told me in a way where I didn't really have a choice" I said frustrated "I'm going home" I said turning around and pulling my wrist out of his grip.

"Cara" he said softer than I've ever heard him speak before. I turned around and looked at him "please stay with me".

Whoa what? I updated? No way. I finished my ap U.S. History homework sooner than I thought I would so I decided I would at least write a short chapter.