Keep Her |Ch.22|

My eyes shoot open from my alarm that seems to shrill in the early hours of the morning almost every day. 7:00. Don't ask me why I get up this early. It's only because I take uber long to get ready in the morning but the shop doesn't open til 8:50.

I finally swing my legs over the edge of my comforting bed and get up to start getting ready. I take a shower, dry my hair, curl it just to give it some shape, and do my usual make up. I decide to wear jeans, a cream shirt that laces a little in the front and some brown flats.

I go down stairs, grab a granola bar and my keys and head out the door to work.

~time skipped~

It's about lunch time and man is the shop slow today. I'm just re stacking and re organizing cd's and movies that have been misplaced.

My co worker Jake walked over to my side.
"Hey Cara, it's pretty slow today, if you want to take a lunch break I can take over organizing."

I sighed with relief. I think I've been organizing for 5 years now.
"Oh my god thank you. I appreciate that so much."

"Don't worry about it." He said with a warm smile. I smiled back and walked out of the shop.
Hmm maybe I should visit a certain someone at work now.

~little time skip~

I pull up to the restaurant and head in. I walk up to the counter at the front. "Hi how many?" The hostess asked as I approached.

"Oh I'm not really.. dining in, I was wondering if Mark is here?"

"Oh yes ma'am he is, his area is over there, I can get you a table for you to wait for him at if you would like"

"That would be great thank you"
I followed her to the table and sat down and waited. I pulled out my phone to scroll through as I did.

"You just can't stay away from me can you"

My eyes shot up from my phone towards the direction of the oh so familiar voice. I blush towards the smirk that was plastered on his face.

"..I just couldn't pass up the opportunity of seeing you in your uniform." I say as I smile up at him. He had a white button down on that was rolled up to his elbows, a black tie, black pants, and a black apron tied around his waist.

He rolled his eyes and chuckled.
"What would you like to drink, sweetheart?" He said with a smirk on his face.

"I'll just have a water, thank you."

He raised one of his eyebrows, a smirk still a strong presence on his face and walked off. Is he..flirting with me? Oh ok, I see how it is.

He walked back over with my water and sat it down. "Have you decided what you want?"

Oh jeez ok here we go, stay confident.
"I think I'll have you" I said with a smirk.

He raised his eyebrows. "I'm sorry miss, but I meant food wise. Although I would love to chat more after I get off of work, say 7:00?"

"We'll see, I don't know if your really my type yet."

"Oh I'll change your type to me, don't worry" he said with a smirk. "Your drinks on me, have a nice day, darling." And with that he walked off. I took out a piece of paper that I always keep in my purse for emergencies I don't know I just do. I quickly scribble down on the piece of paper and leave a $3 tip. I grab my things and head back to work.

Marks POV

I didn't want to make it obvious but I was happy that Cara came to visit me at work. I didn't think she actually would. I walk over to my section to where she's sitting.

"You just can't stay away from me can you?" I said, a smirk pulling at my lips.

She looked up and blushed at me. Oh I so do have an effect on her.

~skip to end of conversation~

"We'll see I don't know if you're really my type yet"

"Oh I'll change your type to me, don't worry." She blushed even more at my comment. "Your drinks on me, have a nice day, darling." I walked off back to the kitchen to start serving other guests. I went back to go get her drink since we were low on staff for today. I got to the table and noticed a piece of paper with her pretty handwriting on it.
"Call me" with her number below it. I smiled and slid it into my apron pocket. I think I've got myself a keeper.

Sorry this chapter a bit short. I'll have a nice long chapter next time. Promise. I just whipped this up today. I hope it's okay!