New feelings |Ch.9|

Cara's POV

I do not want to get up. I didn't get a lot of sleep last night. I laid there in bed with my eyes closed refusing to open them and let the light in. And I have to go to work today. So there's another reason why I shouldn't get up. Good thing I have an afternoon shift. I slowly begin to open my eyes to look at my sheer white curtains but when my eyes adjusted to the harsh light coming through the window, I saw dark blue curtains instead. My eyes widened remembering where I was. Oh no. I forgot that I got into his bed to be more comfortable. Shit.

I shot up from my comfortable position and looked around the room. I looked beside me to see if Mark was still there but he wasn't. I slowly climbed out of the bed and placed my feet on the soft carpet. I started to tip toe out of the room and walk down the hall when his bathroom door swung open to reveal Mark, who was only wearing underwear. I stopped. I couldn't help but look at his toned torso (damn) starting at his subtle v-lines traveling up to show the smirk plastered on his face.
"Like what you see?" He said winking.

I blushed red and quickly looked to my fiddling hands and walked off to the kitchen. I heard a light laugh and footsteps heading towards his room. He came out moments later fully clothed. Thank god. I had been sitting there with a glass of water. I didn't know if I should get anything to eat. I'm not really hungry anyways. I put my glass in the sink and started to walk back to his room to change. I needed to go home and just chill until work. Everything has been happening so fast it makes me dizzy. I started to walk down the hall and went into his room and locked the door so I could change. He was in the living room on his phone but just to make sure.

I got changed into my clothes and put his clothes I wore in the hamper. I walked out and grab my purse from the coffee table. I stood there awkwardly waiting for Mark to look up.

"Uh Mark" he looked at me, eyebrows furrowed "I need to go home now" I said looking everywhere but his face. He got up and started to walk towards me. I thought he was going to protest and make me stay but when he got up to me he lifted my chin and simply smiled. I was shocked. He's been acting so different. Still protective but different. He grabbed his keys and held out his hand for me to take it. I didn't hesitate as much as I used to. He led me to his car and opened my door for me.

The car ride was silent on the way back to my house. I just looked out the window towards the beautiful city. I would occasionally look over to Mark, who I felt was looking at me, but was always looking at the road. We got to my apartment and he walked me up. I fiddled with my purse trying to find the keys. Once I did I pulled them out about to put the key in to unlock my door when Mark gently grabbed my hand and held it in his. I looked up to him confused.
"Mark? Are you ok?" I asked concerned
"I am now" he said with a small smile. He brought my hand up to his mouth a placed a small kiss on the back of it.
"I'll see you tonight Cara".

"Wait what?" I asked confused.

"I wanna take you somewhere" he said smirking.

He backed away and winked at me and walked off. I stared at him walking away until I couldn't see him once he turned the corner. I walked into my apartment and plopped down on my couch. I sat there thinking everything over that has happened up til now. What did he mean by he's ok now? Which got me thinking...
I pulled out my phone and decided to text Alex to come over. I haven't seen her in forever.

Me: wanna maybe come over?

Alex: yeah bet. I'll be over in 10

Me:alright bet

I put my phone back into my back pocket and started to straighten up my apartment a little bit. I haven't had much time to clean up so its a mess in here.

Once I finally straightened up, there was a knock on my door. I happily skipped over to the door and stood by it. I decided to joke around a little because, why not?

"Uh who is it?" I said shouting through the door.

"Oh my god you know who it is" Alex said annoyingly.

"Um no I don't think I do. Maybe you have the wrong apartment" I said laughing.

"Fine then I guess I'll just leave"
I swung the door open "kidding, I'm kidding! Get your butt in here" I said tugging on the sleeve of her shirt.
We sat down on the couch and talked for a bit about random stuff. I really wanted her to come over to talk to her about Mark.

"Alex you remember that weird guy Mark?"

"The one that followed you and stuff?"

"Yea well..."

"Cara" she said seriously.

"No it's not what you think, it's just... A lot has happened".
I told her everything. About how he showed up when I was with Grayson, the date we went on and what happened with that drunk guy and how I spent the night at his house. To say the least, she didn't really take that part well.

"You what?!" She shouted.

"Chill, lets just talk about this calmly an-"

"Calmly?! You want me to talk about this calmly? About you staying at a stalkers house and sleeping in his bed?! Yea I'm real calm Cara!"

I sat there making sure she was done yelling.
"Are you done?" I said raising my eyebrows
"Oh I just started" she said pointing at me.

"Ok Alex just, just listen. Number one
He's not the same guy anymore. I don't know what happened but he's so much.. Nicer whether you believe it or not. Number two: I didn't really want to stay but he looked so sad. And I was sleeping on the couch but it was so uncomfortable so then I decided to sleep on the very edge of his bed because he doesn't have a guest room but then he pulled me closer and he's strong and I wasn't able to get out of his grip so".

She just looked at me thinking everything over in her head.
"Alex I'm fine. He doesn't scare me anymore, not all the time anyways".

She sighed and took my hand.
"I just worry about you Cara, that's all. I just want to make sure you'll be ok".

"Alex, I'll be fine I promise. You know I will always call you if I need you".
She nodded and smiled. We sat there for a few seconds not talking.

"Well that was a good girl talk" I said laughing. I looked at my phone for the time. 2:00 Whoa time flies. Mark said he was going to text me or something.

Just about then Alex got up.
"Aight b, I have to go to work now" she said rolling her eyes "no one would take my shift for tonight. Something on the lines of "I'm not getting paid to sit on my ass" or something I don't know and I really don't care". I laughed and hugged her.
"Bye Alex have fun at work" I said while she started walking towards the door.

"Oh I won't" she said smiling and waving her hand in the air as she walked out the door. I laughed and closed the door and walked upstairs to my room. I have a little more time until work.

I sat there wondering if Mark was going to text me or not. Why am I even worried about it. It's not like we're a thing. I mean he probably thinks we are but it's a big no for me still. Sorry but he hasn't really proven himself yet. You know? Wait do I even know what I'm talking about? I sighed and unlocked my phone deciding to go on tumblr. I sat there feeling somewhat anxious. Ugh why am I feeling like this? Do I...? No, no.

Yaaaaa yeet. What are these feelings like I don't even know whaaaaaatt??? I wonder how Mark feels......??? Ya know, you might find out in the next chapter but then again should I tell you??? Just joshin I'll tell you..... Maybe.