Protecting You |Ch.19|

For a couple of days, I've been avoiding the whole warehouse meeting thing or whatever it was. I didn't want to make Mark upset again by mentioning it, so I've just left it alone.

He's been over a couple of times to my apartment to hangout but he's been a little bit more distant lately. Way more than usual. It's kinda been putting me in a sad mood but I want to let him have his space and what not. 

It's Saturday morning now. I'm just sitting on my couch watching tv, being lonely. I mean Mark has texted me a couple of times but I just want to see him and be with him more again.

He hasn't texted me yet today. I don't know why. Maybe because it's early. I guess I can go ahead and text him.

Me: hey. What are you doing today?

I sat there silently waiting for his reply.
....nothing. He's probably just sleeping and if not that, then he's just busy at the moment. Ok well I need to go out shopping anyways. Yes, yes I'm calling Alex.

I click on her contact and after a couple of rings she finally picks up.

"Alex hotline, this is Alex speaking"

"Oh my god, you're so weird" I said giggling

"That's why you love me though. What's up, Cara?" I could hear the smile on her face.

"Oh not much. Same old same old"

"Wait last time I asked that question you told me you had a stalker that wouldn't leave you alone"

"Yea I have nothing exciting to respond to that question this time." I said laughing

"Speaking of, how are you and Mark?"

"Uh we're great, yea. Wanna go shopping today with me and talk more about it?"

"Heck yeah I do! Iwillbeoverin10bye!" And with that she hung up. Jeez she's crazy sometimes. I better start getting ready then.

I decided to just leave my hair naturally straight and only put on a little bit of make up, consisting of mascara, foundation, and filling in my eyebrows a bit. I put on light wash jeans and a plain white v-neck shirt with some red vans and some silver jewelry to complement it all. Wow, no black in this outfit. So...weird.

I grab my purse from off of my bed and head back downstairs to wait for Alex to make her appearance.

~time skipped~

Alex and I have been shopping for awhile now. We both got a lot of clothes and at least one pair of shoes. We finally decided to take a break and just sit at a table in the food court.

"So, you and Mark?"

And looked up from my phone to meet her smiling face. "Oh yea we're great. Well I mean, yea we're fine. I mean, uhhh he's been distant lately."

"Sounds complicated" she said with her eyebrows furrowed sadly.

"Yea it is. But I know he's probably just busy from things he hasn't been able to get done or something."

"Yea I'm sure that's what it is Cara, I wouldn't worry too much about it. But if that isn't the case, you know I would kill him."

I laugh at her joking threat. "Uh huh yea I'm sure you could take him down, Alex" I say while giggling

She laughed along "yea he's just a bit more muscular than me right?"

"You wish" I said smiling at her.

"Alright" Alex said while getting up, "let's blow this lame place and go watch a movie at your place or something. Mall is about to close anyways."

~time skipped~

Alex and I have been watching some Harry Potter movies cuz it was just a Harry Potter kind of night. We were both curled up on my couch with fluffy blankets and some popcorn.  I was about to put in the next movie when I heard a knock on the door.

"THERE'S SOMEONE AT THE DOOR" Alex yelled while I was getting up.

"Thank you Alex, I had no idea." I said walking towards the door.

I open the door and I see a mop of black hair covered half way with a hood.

"Mark, I-"
He cut me off and pushed past me to walk into my apartment. He swiftly turned around and pulled his hood off.
"What are you doing here, it's 2:00 in the morning" I asked confused.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him. "I just wanted to tell you that- that you mean everything to me, Cara. I'm sorry I haven't been around as much lately but it's because I'm trying to protect you."

"Protect me? Protect me against what? What the hell is going on?"

"You don't need to know right now baby okay? Just know that I'm doing everything to protect you. I have to go now okay? I only came here to see you, I miss you."

"No wait, tell me what's going on, Mark, you're- you're scaring me."

He brought his hands up to cup my face. "I know baby, I know, just please try and understand that I can't tell you anything yet to try and protect you." He leaned down and lightly kissed my forehead. "I have to go now, I love you Cara."

"I love you too Mark, please don't go." I said on the verge of tears.

"I have to, I'm sorry. Always have your doors locked okay?"
And with that he pulled his hood back up and walked out with his head low.

I watched him walk out until I couldn't see him anymore once he turned the corner. I slowly closed the door and locked it.

Alex got up from the couch. "What was that about?" She said making her way towards me.

"I...have no idea." 

It took forever to write this chapter and honestly not sure why. Well I mean I have a bunch of school stuff but I mean coming up with ideas of what to write about lmao