Forever |Ch.10|

Oh jeez I have to go to work. I have been dreading this all day long. That's the only bad thing about afternoon shift, you know you have to eventually go later on so your whole day is just "ugh I have to go to work". I go upstairs to my room and grab my uniform out of my closet and put it on. Yea you know those book and movie stores that are here and there? Well I work at one of those. As a kid, it wasn't exactly my dream job but shit happens.

Once I get my uniform on, I put on a thin layer of makeup, nothing too much, and put my hair up in a bun.
I walk down stairs, grab my keys and my phone and head out the door, locking it. Learned my lesson with that one.

~time skipped~

It was really slow at the store this afternoon so I leaned against the counter looking at my phone. I was facing the door so I know when a customer comes in. I wish I could quit but I don't know what else I would do I mean- I was cut off from my thoughts when I saw out of the corner of my eye, messy black hair. My eyes widened and I quickly but casually walked to the back room behind me. I knew exactly who it was. How did he know where I worked?! Maybe it's just a coincidence. I looked over to my co-worker Zach.

"Hey Zach uh a customer just walked in, do you mind taking this one for me I uh have to.. Pee" ugh smooth Cara, real smooth. He looked at me and smiled.

"Of course I can, anything for you" he said rubbing my arm. Ever since I've started working here, I've had a sense that he has somewhat of a crush on me. But I don't know, I've just never really seen us more than friends. Or I could be dead wrong and he's always just been a nice person. He walked out and I watched through the little window on the door. Oh it was definitely Mark. He was wearing dark jeans and a grey hoodie. I ducked down and backed up when Zach started walking back to where I was.

"Uh Cara, the customer is asking for you" he said confused.
I looked up calmly not wanting to look desperate.

"No I think you should just help him, you know you haven't gotten a lot of customers in for today and I have so".

"Cara are you ok? You seem kind of...off right now" he said reaching for me.

"Yea I-I'm fine, just please take this one". He nodded understandingly which reassured me. He walked out and I watched through the door again. I could tell Mark was getting mad, his facial features clenched up and the veins in his neck became more prominent. Zach walked back.
Before he said anything I knew what was going to have to happen sooner or later, so I prepared to walk out on my own, slowly and cautiously. Mark was in a bad mood and I didn't want to make it worse. I slowly opened the door and when I did Marks facial features softened only a bit.

I walked up to him and just stood there. I still don't know how he knew where I worked. I was afraid to look at his face.

"Hey beautiful" he said in his deep voice. God he still scares the shit out of me sometimes. I still have to remind myself that I barely know him. Sure okay, yeah I slept in the same bed with him, that doesn't mean you really know a person.

I look up at his face. "How did you know where I worked?" I said softly.

"You're still scared of me even when you slept in my bed? Hm" he said smirking. It's like he knew exactly what I was thinking. Asshole.

I started to get frustrated because he's avoiding the question, like he always does "How did you know where I worked and what are you even doing here?" I said slightly annoyed.

"I told you I wanted to take you somewhere".

"Ok well my shift isn't over yet so better luck next time, bud".
Zach walked out of the back room and stood next me, putting his hand on my opposite shoulder so his arm is behind me. Mark clenched his jaw.
"Is everything ok over here?" Zach said.

Mark looked like he wanted to pound Zach without any hesitation. I quickly moved away to get is arm off of me and turned towards him.
"Uhhm, yes everything is fine, thank you Zach" I said smiling.

"Cara" Mark said motioning his head to the side for me to come around the counter. I hesitantly walked around and stood in front of him. "I'm taking you out again" he said in his deep voice.

"Mark" I said cautiously. He grabbed my wrist, but not as harshly as usual. The last "date" didn't really go well. Tell me, why would I want to go on another one with him?

Zach walked out again towards us.
"Uh Cara we need your help organizing the new movies. You should probably go, we're getting kind of busy" he said towards Mark. Mark stood there, jaw still clenched and his hand gripping my wrist. He looked back at me, leaned down and kissed me cheek. "I'll see you later, beautiful" he said whispering in my ear. He let go of my wrist and walked out the door.

"Are you ok, Cara?" Zach asked walking towards me.
I stormed past him "yea I'm fine" I said sternly.

~time skipped~

Finally time to get off work. I walk out of the store and start to walk towards my car in the big, and somewhat deserted, parking lot. As I walk to my car, I get a weird feeling. Like someone is watching me. I turn my head side to side and scan the parking lot, but I didn't see anyone. I pick up the pace towards my car, not liking the feeling. The part of town my work is in isn't the best. As I approach my car, I fiddle with my keys but before I could unlock it a pair of hands grasp my waist. My heart begins to beat out of my chest. I start to scream and flail my legs in an attempt to free myself from their grip. I'm forced down so my feet are on the pavement and spun around by the mysterious person. As I was about to try and push them off, I see a familiar face. God dammit.

"What the hell was that?! Why wouldn't you have said it was you?! You gave me a fucking heart attack!" I said hitting his chest. He stood there laughing. "Oh ha ha yeah, real funny. You know what is funny? Thinking that I would go out with you somewhere tonight. Tell me a better fucking joke" I said spinning around to get in my car. Mark swiftly grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him.

"Now hold on" he said sternly. He pulled me towards his chest. "You know I wouldn't let anyone except for me do that to you" he said looking into my eyes. His brown ones sparkling from the parking lot lights. "You're mine, whether you like it or not, and I protect what's mine. So if you could stop cursing at me and calm down, that would be much appreciated".
I couldn't help but soften up a bit. He's still intimidating and it feels like I have no control over anything when he is but he has these little moments where it feels like the world slows down to enjoy, I don't know, something he does sometimes.

I looked down at my shoes. "Where are we going?" I looked up and he was smirking.

"It's a surprise. We're taking my car"
We walked to his car and he opened my door for me, I said a small thank you as always. We drove for awhile and I didn't recognize anything. We pulled up to what looked like a park. He came around to open my door and held out his hand for me to take it. We walked up to a bench and sat down. It somewhat overlooked the city and the sun was starting to set. My eyes were locked in on the beautiful orange and pink colors gently painting the sky.

Marks POV

My eyes were locked in on the beautiful girl sitting next to me. I knew she liked sunsets because she has pictures of them all over her apartment. I wanted to do something nice for her. She was fixated on the sky and the city lights. I wrapped my arm around her and leaned my head on top of hers. I know I scare her but I just want her to understand she's mine. I don't want to be with anybody else. I'm sappy and cliché what is going on? I was never like this before Cara, she's so different. For once my world was spinning slowly and everything felt perfect. I kissed her head and enjoyed her company for what felt like forever. Forever is infinite and that's scary to think about in a way. But in this moment, that's okay with me.

Liiiittt. I wasn't planning on posting tonight but writing this is so much fun! Lmao I already know what I want to do for the next chapter. Let me know what you think of the story!