What an Angel |Ch.15|

I nervously looked up at Mark, who was already smirking. My mind was racing to think of things I could do to stall. Mark had already grabbed one of my wrists in his strong hand so it was going to be hard for me to get away, but I have to try.

"I-I just have to do a couple of things" I said while trying to pry my wrist out of his grip. "I...I have to pee and...clean my room....and the living room. They're both just so messy at this point" I said trying to convince him.

"Cara, why are you stalling?" Mark said a bit annoyed at my obvious lies to try and have a bit more time to mentally prepare for what was going to inevitably happen.

"What? I'm not stalling, I'm serious. We left a huge mess on the coffee table and I want to clean it up" I said as serious as I could. Mark stared down at me, searching to see if I was telling the truth. In a way, I was. I hate if there's any mess in my apartment.

"I promise I'll make it up to you" I said mocking him from what he said moments before, standing on my toes and smirking in his face. Now I had him rolling his eyes at me for the first time.

"Fine, clean up the mess" he said throwing his hands up. "But-" he grabbed my wrist forcefully and yanked me towards him, I slightly winced at the harsh action. "You better hurry" he said staring right into my eyes. My eyes widened in fear and I shook my head and said a barely audible "ok". With that, he slightly pushed me away from his body so I could clean up the mess.

I cleaned up the living room and my bedroom. After I straightened out the last thing in my room, I quietly ran to the bathroom. I pace a bit and run my hands through my hair. Damn it, what am I doing? I have only known Mark for what? A month? But it's so weird! He scares the shit out of me so much but there's a part of me that always wants to be with him and I can never really stop thinking about him. He has this, I don't know, beauty to him. I know he's a guy and he should be called handsome, and he is, but he's actually beautiful. He's perfect. Everything about him. I just feel like I'm not to him. I know he calls me beautiful but I have never felt that way about myself. Ugh I just have to get a grip. This is going to happen. And a part of me wants it to happen. I know we aren't even dating, technically, but I love Mark, no matter what he's done. Everything about him makes me love him. Especially the small moments he has when he cracks jokes to make me laugh. He's done so many nice things for me already.

I decide to brush my teeth again and comb out my hair. I quietly walk out of the bathroom and start down the stairs. I see Mark sitting on the couch looking at his phone. I slowly go over there and softly sit down next to him. He looks up from his phone and over to me. I smile softly and he does the same. My cheeks feel heat rushing up to the surface of them. God every little thing he does. I instantly look down at the floor. "Mark" I say still looking down at the soft rug underneath my feet.

"Yes?" He says still looking at me

"I'm ready" I said, my hands starting to shake.

He takes a notice and puts his hands around mine. "Cara, if you're not ready, it's ok. I'm not going to make you".

I shook my head "no, no I'm ready. I want to".
With that, he stands up from his sitting position and stretches his hand out for me to take it. I hesitantly do and he leads me up to my room.

"Sit down, I'll be right back" he says and walks off to the bathroom. I do as I'm told and sit down. I look around my room which is dimly lit from the Christmas lights hanging up. I've always loved having them hung up all year long. Mark finally walks back into my room and comes over to me. He stands in front of where I'm sitting at the end of the bed.
"Scoot back" he said motioning his hand. I do so and he kneels on the bed and makes his way towards me and leans over me. I nervously look down, not wanting to meet his gaze. My heart could probably be heard from a mile away.