Stay away |Ch.6|

~the next morning~

Ugh today's the day. I have to go out somewhere with Mark. I would've protested but I didn't want to make him mad again. It's the first time he hasn't been. I mean he smiled...sort of. Either way, I'm just going to suck it up and go. Even though Mark still scares the shit out of me, I sort of feel safe around him. Since he's so intimidating, I know no one would want to pick a fight with him. Weird that I feel that way, right?

I got up out of bed when my phone vibrated.

Mark: I'm picking you up around 7:00. Wear something sexy for me. A dress and maybe that lace underwear you got?

I rolled my eyes at the message. Yea right.

Me: you would want me to

I decided to just chill and watch tv until it was time to get ready.

~time skipped~

I have been so tired from what has happened lately that I must have drifted off on the couch watching tv because when I woke up it was already 6:15.

"Shit I have to get ready.... I mean yea whatever I have to get ready I guess".

I didn't want to put in all my effort trying to look good for Mark. Especially if he expects me to.

I got up off the couch and walked upstairs to go shower. Once I was done I got out and blow dried my hair. I put on a thin layer of make up consisting of foundation, mascara, eyebrows, eyeshadow and rosey ish nude lipstick.

Now what should I wear? I looked through my closet trying to decide.

"Definitely not a dress" I said going right past them.

I decided on a white and black stripped shirt and some black jeans and some black boots with a little bit of a heel.

6:55. He should be here any second. I waited for a bit until I heard a knock on my door. Glad he decided to actually knock this time instead of barging in. I walked over to it and opened it to reveal the smirking face of Mark, who was leaning up against the door frame. "Hey beautiful" he said eyeing me up and down.

"Stop doing that" I said hitting his arm "I don't like it".

"But I didn't ask if you liked it now did I?" He said walking towards me. I had to lift my head up to still be looking at his face.

He stepped back and motioned his head to the side "come on" he said with his hand stretched out to me.
I hesitantly took it and he pulled me to his side. I tried to increase some distance between us but he wouldn't allow that.

We got to his car and he opened the door for me. I said a soft thank you, not even knowing if he heard it or not.
He got in the drivers seat and started driving to... wait I didn't even know where we were going.

"Uhh so where are we going?" I asked somewhat fearful.

"Don't worry about it. It's somewhere nice" he said still looking at the road.

I just sat there not knowing what to think. It was pretty silent except for the radio playing which was on low volume.

We pulled up to a restaurant that I've never seen before. Mark hopped out of the car and came around to my door to open it. He held out his hand for me to take it but I didn't. I didn't want him to think that we were getting close. Let's not forget that he technically broke into my apartment.

He just huffed a bit and closed the car door once I got out. We walked inside and he didn't lie, it was a pretty nice place. From the looks of it, it looked Italian. We put in our name and there was a little bit of a wait so we sat down at the lounge area near the bar.

We finally got seated and ordered our food.

~time skipped~

We were just sitting there waiting (again) for our waitress to come back around and I could see Mark staring at something for awhile. He looked angry. I turned my head to the side to see what he was looking at and it wasn't a something, it was a someone, a guy to be exact. He looked about my age and he was staring at me intently. I wasn't scared of him like I was when Mark stared at me but I still didn't like the way he was looking at me.

I was pretty uncomfortable with the whole situation.

"Uh Mark" I said diverting his attention to me "I'm gonna go to the bathroom real quick".

"Ok, don't be long." he said pulling out his phone to look at it.

I quickly walked to the bathroom which was pretty far from where we were sitting and just stood by the sink for a bit. I didn't actually have to pee I just needed to get away from...that weird thing that was going on.

I finally walked out of the bathroom but before I could go back to my seat the guy that was staring at me stopped in front of me.

"Where are you going baby?"

I could smell the alcohol on his breath. I guess he stuck by the bar for the most part. "I'm going back to my seat, someone's waiting for me" I said trying to slide past him but he roughly grabbed my waist.

"Oh come on, stay and have some fun with me. I could take you home" he said getting closer to me.

"Stop let go of me" I said sternly I didn't want to make a scene but I wanted to get away from this guy.

He started to roughly kiss my neck. I didn't like it at all it made me feel disgusting. No one could see where we were near the bathrooms. I kept trying to push him off but there was no use. I was about to give my last effort when all his weight came off of me. I looked up to see what had happened and Mark had pulled him off of me.

He grabbed the guy by his shirt and punched him hard in the face. As much as I didn't like the guy, I couldn't let Mark just pound the shit out of him.

"Mark stop, stop!" I said trying to pull him off of the guy. He was lifting his fist back up but I caught it before he could throw it down on the guy's face again.

"Cara let go." He said sternly not even looking at me.

"No Mark stop, you don't have to do this. Look at me".

"He was hurting you" he said staring right at the guy.

"But I'm fine, I'm fine I promise. Just look at me" I said touching his cheek.

He turned to look at me. He let go of the guy throwing him away from us. The guy stumbled back and went out the back door with his nose bleeding.

Mark grabbed my hand and walked us out to his car.

I didn't know what to write for awhile. I didn't know how real writers block was until I started writing myself lmao. Uh I don't know when I'll update again. Probably sometime this week but not tonight cuz Walking dead mid-season finale lol