Oh no |Ch.12|

My eyes started to feel the burning sunlight seeping through the curtains through the window. I slowly opened them and blinked a bit until my eyes adjusted. My brain automatically reeled the memories from last night. I turned over expecting to see Mark still asleep but he wasn't there. It was pretty quiet in the seemingly empty apartment. I swung my legs over the side of the bed and stretched a bit and put my bare feet on the soft carpet and started walking towards the bedroom door.

As I started to open it, I heard muffled groaning coming from the bathroom. I quickly made my way over and slowly opened the door. I saw Mark with no shirt on and his band-aid off of his cut over his rib cage, red and exposed, rubbing a wet washcloth over it. I hastily run over to him and grab the washcloth out of his hand.

"Mark what are you doing?! You're making it worse!"

"I-I wanted to see if it would be okay if I took a shower, I really need to take a shower. I can do it myself, Cara. Just go lay back down" he said not making long eye contact with me.

"You didn't have to take it off to shower!"

He swiftly grabbed my wrist, eyebrows furrowed "don't yell at me" he said angrily getting close to my face. I stood there with fear in my eyes and tried to free my wrist all the while, but there was no use. He eventually threw my wrist out of his grip. He rubbed both hands over his face. I stood there not knowing what to do. He hasn't lashed out at me like this in awhile. Not looking at him, I wet the wash cloth and start to clean up the blood that he made the cut spill out from rubbing it so much. Without saying anything, I walked to the kitchen where he keeps the bandages and grab a new one and go back to the bathroom. I put it on as gently as possible.

I stand there for a bit looking down at him.
"Now you can take a shower" I say diverting my eyes to the tiled floor. I started to walk out but he catches my wrist. He doesn't try to make me face him.

"Cara" he says demanding but almost in a pleading way. I slowly turn but I still refuse to look directly at him. He gets up and walks towards me so there are only a few inches between us. He lifts my chin so I'm forced to look at his face.
"Thank you" He says with a small smile barely noticeable.

"You're welcome" I say faintly. I started to walk out but he spins me around this time.

"Wait. Can you help me wash my hair? It hurts to reach up".

I stood there smiling. "Mm. 5/10, you've been smoother than that" I say with a small smile. He smirks and pulls me back into the bathroom. "Ok how are we going to do this, I'm not getting undressed".

He lets out a sigh "oh come on" he slowly walks towards me "I know you've always wanted to get undressed with me, Cara" he says with a smirk. I blush and look to the ground. He laughs lightly and backs up.
"I'll sit in the tub without any water in it, with my pants still on. Just take the shower head down and use it, it has a stopper on it so the water doesn't keep coming out".
I stood there and thought about it. Sounds fine to me.
"Fine" I said still looking at the ground. Mark got the water running until it got warm and he sat down in the empty tub. I walked over and grabbed the shower head down and undid the stopper to start getting his hair wet, careful not to get it in his face. I poured the shampoo in my hand and gently ran it through his hair. He sat quietly with his eyes closed. As I continued I got lost in my own thoughts.
He's so, how do I put this? Moody. Yeah he's moody. One minute he's scary as shit the next he's sweet and then sometimes he gets outrageously frustrated. I can't figure him out.

I forgot that I was even washing his hair when I finally snapped out of my thoughts. I rinsed my hands off and washed the shampoo away. Once I finally got all the shampoo out, I grabbed a towel and dried his hair. He stepped out and stood in front of me. I quietly stood there, studying his face. He slowly wrapped his arm around my back, resting it in the curve where it naturally bends.
"Thanks beautiful" he says smirking.