My New World |Ch.18|

Usually I can sleep without a single problem with Mark laying beside me, skin warm against mine, but tonight I just couldn't. I've woken up every hour so far and it's 3:30 right now. I stare at our unmoving shoes across the floor and my mind wanders to what happened today yet again. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it.

I want to ask Mark about it all but I know the second I start to ask about it, he'll dismiss it. Even though I've been dating him for awhile now, he's still a beautiful mystery to me. There's so much about his past that I don't know yet.

My mind keeps wandering to different things while I'm trying to get comfortable every now and then, but I never can. Ugh screw it I'm going to watch tv or something.

I look over to Mark, who's lovely brown eyes are still hidden from the world. I slowly move the covers off of me and get up, making sure not to wake him up. I make certain that I did just that and make my way down to the small, motionless living room.

I plop down on the couch and reach for the remote. I decide to watch "Friends" since it always make me laugh. I watch two or three episodes and check up on social media every now and then. I lightly laugh at Joey and Chandler being stupid when I hear a voice from behind me. "What are you doing up?" Mark says in his deep, scruffy voice. I jump a little and turn around to see him standing behind the couch, arms crossed.

"God you scared me" I said with a hand on my chest laughing a bit. He didn't laugh along, he seemed pretty serious about this. My smile dropped a bit. "And um, I-I couldn't stay asleep. I didn't mean to wake you up..." I said switching my eyes from his face to my hands.

"Did you have a nightmare?" He said, eyebrows slightly furrowed.

"No, no I..um I just..."

"Cara, you shouldn't be afraid to talk to me anymore" he said coming around the couch to sit next to me.

"I'm not, I um- you're still intimidating sometimes, I guess"

He smirked slightly. "Sometimes I need to be" his hand trailing up my thigh.

My eyes slightly widened and my cheeks heated. "You'rereallyhotbutnotrightnow" I said particularly fast while getting up from the couch. I can be such a dork sometimes jeez.

"Baby, tell me why you couldn't go to sleep" he said reaching his hand out towards me. I hesitantly took it and he pulled me towards him. He's not going to let me off the hook.

"Who were those people today?" I said bluntly.

Marks jaw clenched a bit. "They're just old...acquaintances, we don't have to worry about them anymore" he said shaking his head.

"Ok well that's good and all but..." Should I ask? I should ask. I'm gonna ask. "Mark, what did you used to...do?"

Marks gaze quickly left mine from the question that left my mouth. His hand fell from mine and went into his hair, running it through nervously. I waited there for him to speak, but he didn't.

I slowly sat down next to him. I took his hand out of his dark hair so I could lightly run mine through it instead. I shouldn't have asked, I guess it's a sensitive subject or something. I should just let him tell me on his own. "Forget I asked, I shouldn't have"

I kiss his forehead lightly and get up to go to the kitchen. I get two bowls out and pour some cereal in them with some milk. I walk both bowls back over to the couch and set one down in front of Mark on the coffee table. He lifts his head from its lowered position in his hands and smiles at the small gesture.

He turns to look at me, his brown eyes glistening like they always do. "What did I do to deserve you?"

I smiled at him and blushed slightly. "Uhh still trying to figure that one out myself" I said giggling. Mark nudges me with his shoulder while he takes a bite of his cereal.

"Well when you figure it out, let me know" he said smiling his God perfect smile.

I smiled at him and how cute he can actually be. We sat there watching tv, eating our cereal, just enjoying each other's company. We soon finished our cereal and just sat there, the only sound coming from the TV.

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. Mark looked over to me. Dammit, he noticed.

"What were you gonna say?" He said looking at me.

"I um, I uh...earlier. I-I wasn't going to bring it up because I was afraid that you would get...mad. And sometimes when you get mad, you storm out. And I didn't want that to happen. But then I look at, I actually look at you, everything about you, and the fear goes away. You're different and I like that. You barged into my life and I'll admit it, I was scared at first but, when I saw you, I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew. So I guess what I'm trying to say is is that I don't want you to ever leave me."

Marks hands slowly came to cup my cheeks, our faces so close that our noses were brushing against each other. "I won't" he said before smashing his lips into mine, passionately. The butterflies will never cease to exist. My whole world has changed into him.

Short chapter, I know, but at least it's something. I like this chapter a lot actually. Oh and one of the lines in Cara's monologue is a Shakespeare quote?¿ I don't know, I found it on We Heart It and I liked it a lot but technically not plagiarizing because I told you who it was by so please don't kill me with sass.