Make it up to you |Ch.14|

I wake up in my bed feeling exhausted. I didn't sleep well last night. I kept tossing and turning and just couldn't fall asleep all the way, or stay asleep for that matter. I decided to force myself out of bed anyways because I really wanted to catch up with Alex today. So, I sleepily swing my legs over the side of my bed and stand up with as much effort as I could muster up. I grab my phone from my bedside table to text Alex about wanting to hangout.

Me: come over. You can let yourself in, I'll be too tired to get up.

Alex: can't even get up for me. Boo you whore. Be there in 10

Me: ok listen I will fight you

Alex: you're gonna be too tired to open the door for me so I doubt it

Me: touché

I go downstairs and decide to watch some tv while I wait for Alex to arrive. I would make myself some breakfast but I'm too tired and I'm not all that hungry anyways to be honest.

~time skipped~

I hear a knock on my door and it opens immediately.
"QUEEN ALEX HAS ARRIVED YOU MAY BOW BEFORE ME" Alex shouted into my apartment. I get up from my position on the couch and roll my eyes at her and laugh at her craziness.
"Nice to see you too Alex. You know I have neighbors?" I said dragging my feet across the ground in an attempt to walk.

"Oh my god you look awful!" She said putting her hands on my shoulders. I looked at her with a slightly annoyed look.
"...I mean... You look perfect and I love you!" She said trying to recover from her previous comment. I ignore her attempt and walk her over to sit on the couch with me.

"I know I look awful. I couldn't sleep at all last night" I said running one hand through my hair, a bit flustered. She let a little "aww" and hugged me. I hugged her back. God I'm glad she's my best friend. We pulled away and started talking about everything we've missed in each other's lives. I told her everything that happened with me and Mark and what not. She asked all the questions, not even giving me time to ask her the same ones.

"So it sounds like you and Mark are doing pretty well?"

"Yea pretty well. He has some moments but I don't know I just can't stay away from him. There's just something about him. Hey speaking of, what happened to that guy that you talked to at the party awhile back? I kept forgetting to ask."

"Oh yea, his name is Jordan and well..... We're dating right now."

"OH MY GOD WHAT? Why didn't you tell me???" I shouted at her happily.

"I didn't know if I should or not because I didn't know if it would last long. But that's not all, well...we kind of..." She dragged out and messed with her hands nervously.

"No you didn't!" My mouth forming into a smile. She happily nodded her head yes.

"Oh my god Alex! So does that mean you loooove him?" I asked curious to know.

"Yea I really do. There's just something about him" she said mocking me from what I said earlier. I hit her in her arm laughing. "Whatever." I said. She laughed and I rolled my eyes playfully.

"So what's he like? I never got to meet him" I said curiously.

"He's so sweet and funny and he loves a lot of the same stuff I do. It's pretty great" she said smiling.

"I'm so happy for you Alex" I said taking her hand in mine. Alex has had a few bad relationships in the past she's told me about so I'm glad she's finally in a happy one.

"So...have you?" She said looking at me.

I looked at her a bit confused.
"Have I what?"

"You know..."