Chapter 4: Saved From Kyöpelinvuori, Brought To Neflheim

It was dark. Pitch black. In this dark, I felt a mysterious warmth on my hand. It felt like someone was holding my hand. Then, I heard a sweet, soft voice.

"Please, miss", said the voice,"You must wake up." The voice belonged to a man. He was pleading with me to wake up. The warmth coming from his hand was calm and soothing to me.

At that moment, I heard footsteps. The warmth on my hand faded away and it seemed that the man had left. Then, I heard another man's voice.

"She's awake!" The man seemed excited. "It's lovely to see you. Oh! Hold on a moment." I felt a gentle pressure on my eyelids and, suddenly, I could open them. In front of me, I saw a blond man with red eyes. "My name is Winston, miss. Winston Bavol. And what is yours, miss?"

I looked at him blankly. I wanted to answer, but the only part of my body I could move was my eyes. Seeming to realize this, after a long moment of silence, Winston traced my lips with his finger.
"Huh." I took in a breath. "Oh, thank you, Winston. I thought I would never speak."

Winston smiled. "The pleasure is mine, miss. There is no need to thank me."

"Hey, Winston!" There was another man's voice. "We want to see, too!"

Seeming to remember this, Winston moved out of my sight and, in his place, two more men appeared.

"You are as lovely as His Majesty said you were, miss", said a man with brown hair and green eyes. "I am Arthur Caldwell." Arthur smiled. His brown hair came down to his shoulders and a few strands fell in front of his left eye.

"Indeed, you are", the second man commented. He had green eyes and red hair that went down to his earlobes. "Just as His Majesty said. I am Raymond Atkins."

"It is nice to meet you, Arthur, Raymond." I politely responded to the two men. "But could you help me? I can't seem to move my body."

Both men smiled politely and responded. "Of course!" Arthur and Raymond began poking my body. They poked my neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, fingers, stomach, knees, ankles, and toes. Then, they both politely moved back.

I sat up and stretched my arms upward. Then, I decided to stand up. Once I was on my feet, I twirled in place. "Thank you all for helping me move again!" Then I stopped. I looked around and realized that I didn't recognize any if my surroundings.

"Wait, where am I?" Then it all came flooding back to me. "How am I here?! I'm supposed to be dead!"

Noticing my confused look, Winston spoke. "You are, miss. We all are. You're in Niflheim!"

"We were sent by His Majesty, the king, to awaken you and welcome you to Niflheim", said Arthur. I looked at were I was lying a moment ago. It was a wooden coffin from my village. I looked at the men.

"Would you please explain this to me a bit more?", I timidly asked. Winston and Arthur smiled and turned to Raymond. He let out a sigh.

"I guess I will explain, miss", said Raymond,"After you died, a thousand years ago, you were originally supposed to go to Kyöpelinvuori -"

"Pardon me, but", I interrupted,"what is Kyöpelinvuori?" I looked at the three men, confusion written all over my face.

"Kyöpelinvuori is the place which dead women haunt. It said that virgins who died young gather there after their deaths at the start of their afterlife", said Arthur.

"You were supposed to go there since you're a virgin-", Raymond paused and looked at me intently,"You are a virgin, right miss?"

I felt my cheeks burn as I averted my eyes. I could tell my cheeks were turning a deep red.
"Raymond!", Winston cut in,"You shouldn't ask such questions! You should apologize."