Chapter 9: His Endless Attacks

A/N
Thank you guys! I now have 137 readers! Thank you!

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

After Winston left, I was alone in my bedroom with Bradyn.

"Well, I better get going. You need to get to the court yard anyway", Bradyn said. That's when a single question came to mind.

"Wait, Bradyn! I have a question", I said. Bradyn turned around to face me.

"What is it?" I hesitated a little; a bit ashamed of myself.

"Um...where is...the court yard?", I asked nervously. Bradyn giggled a little.

I've been here for awhile, but I still don't know where half the places in the castle are!

"Come on. I'll show you", he said. I got up and followed Bradyn to the court yard, where Winston was waiting.

"Hello, Princess. I have made sure His Majesty will not be allowed anywhere near you. Shall we begin our lessons?" Winston came up to greet me. Our first lesson was on dancing, since I already knew Niflheim's history.

"Will I be practicing with you, Winston?", I asked. "If I dance, I should have a partner, right?"

"Well, yes and no, Princess. Yes, you should have a partner. No, you will not be dancing with me. I have to watch you. I can't dance with you. His Majesty was supposed to dance with you, but now we need a replacement", said Winston.

"Where are we going to find a replacement on such short notice?" I was a bit concerned. Bradyn must have noticed.

"W-Winston. I-I could d-do it", he said. His cheeks were flushed a light red as he timidly volunteered to replace the king. Noticing how nervous Bradyn was, my cheeks began to heat up as well.

"Are you certain, Sir Bradyn?" Winston was shocked by Bradyn's sudden suggestion.

"Y-Yes. I would do anything for the princess." Bradyn said it so seriously that I started to blush even harder.

"R-Really?", I asked. I didn't plan to. It just slipped out. Realizing that I was still there, Bradyn blushed harder as well and looked down.

"Yes...I will." Winston smiled at our exchange and positioned us to begin dancing. We were positioned so our faces were around three inches apart.

Why am I so nervous about dancing with him? I've danced with him before...but I didn't love him then and he didn't love me. But still!

I looked down to avoid eye contact, but Winston called out,"Please keep eye contact with your partner, Princess." I lifted my gaze and my eyes met Bradyn's. I felt like I would drowned in those blue eyes as I lost myself in them.

Time seemed to slow and Winston's voice was far away as we stared into each other's eyes. It wasn't a fight to stay close to Bradyn any more; it felt natural. But, as we drew closer and closer-

"Hey! Get your hands off my fiance!" Irving pulled us away from each other and turned to face Bradyn. "What's the big idea, huh?! Dancing with someone else's wife. How despicable!" Irving's rage was written clearly on his face, he wasn't even trying to hide it. He turned to face me. "And you! What's the big idea?! Dancing with another man! You're mine now! Don't even think you can change that!"

Irving lifted his hand, hit me in the face, and pushed me to the ground. I let out a small cry of pain. Irving crouched above me and pulled his fist back.

It's no use! There's no way out of this!...He's going to beat me!

I closed my eyes and awaited the impact of his fist. However, instead I heard many footsteps and Irving's protests.