Chapter 10: The Escape Plan

I looked at him in surprise. We both stood. "What do you mean?" He held my hands in his as he looked deep into my eyes.

"Let's run away. I can't let him hurt you. I love you too much. If we stay here, he won't stop trying...we have to run", he said. Staring into each other's eyes, we came closer to each other. It was like an invisible force was pulling us together. I closed my eyes and felt a soft, sweet sensation on my lips.

It was warm, comforting, and welcoming. I felt Bradyn wrap his hands around my waist and I put my hands around his neck as if it were instinct. It was like a pose you would often see couples in.

All of a sudden, a shrill noise cut through the room. Someone had over dramatically cleared their throat as if to draw attention to themselves. Bradyn and I quickly separated to see Winston standing in the doorway.

Oh no! Did Winston see us?! What now?! Is he going to tell Irving about me and Bradyn?!?!

"Well I knew Sir Bradyn cared about you a great deal, Princess, and you him, but I never imagined it would be in this way", Winston said with a smirk.

I looked at Bradyn and he looked at me. Our cheeks were equally red. But how was Winston so calm? I spoke up. "A-Are you going to tell on us Winston?"

"No, Princess. As a matter of fact, I support this relationship. You see, I've been thinking and it would be better for you to find someone who interests you and won't hurt you." His answer was serious and he his face was emotionless. "However, I do not think the king will find as much joy in this as I. Do you have a plan?"

I looked at Bradyn and nodded. Bradyn smiled and faced Winston. "Yes, we do, Winston. We plan to run away together. If Irving finds out, he may hurt us, kill us, or worse. He might even just kill me and keep Tatiana here against her will. Will you help us Winston?"

Winston didn't hesitate for a moment. "Of course. Anything for the Princesses happiness. But promise me one thing."

I looked at him curiously. "What is it Winston?" He smiled and spoke in a low tone.

"Promise you both will come back. If a king is unfit to marry, he is unfit to rule." Winston's voice was serious and his face was emotionless.

I looked at Bradyn. He looked straight at Winston. "We promise." From then, we made our plan and set it in motion.

Our plan was this:

Late at night, of course, Winston will make sure the guards and Irving were all sound asleep. Once he gives me and Bradyn the 'all clear', me and Bradyn will sneak off into the night to locate a small cabin deep in the forests of Niflheim, whom Bradyn knows. It's as simple as that.

Once again, all day, Irving wouldn't leave Bradyn and I alone. But Winston made sure to keep him busy and Irving did go to bed early.

I was ready to go, in my red hooded cloak, with my basket in hand. Bradyn was ready too. All we had to do was wait for Winston's signal. And, shortly after being ready, Winston came and gave us the 'all clear'.

"Remember, I can only give you two a ten minute head start. Then I have to report your escape", Winston said.

"We understand", Bradyn said and he grabbed my hand.

"Thank you", I said. Bradyn lead me down the hallway. It was eerily quiet that night. As we slipped out of the main door, we both released a sigh of relief.

"Let's go", Bradyn whisper shouted. I nodded and he grabbed my hand. He lead me to the entrance of the forest.

It was eerily dark and it gave off a presence of, well, evil. I stopped causing Bradyn to stop. He looked at me with a reassuring smile.

"Don't worry. I'll protect you", he said. I smiled a little and followed him through the forest.

It's not that I need protecting it's just...this place is so familiar...

I kept looking over my shoulder to make sure nothing or no one was coming or following.

After about an hour of walking hand in hand through the forest, we came across a cabin.

The cabin was dark and creepy. It fit the forest perfectly. It made since for the cabin to be dark. After all, it was the middle of the night. But the darkness and stillness of the house didn't feel right and it made me feel uneasy.

Bradyn must've felt the same way because he looked at the house confused. I looked at him, confused myself.

"Something's not right", he said,"I told them we would be here late at night and to expect us." We slowly approached the house. The door was opened slightly. We cautiously stepped in. What awaited us inside was a horrific scene.

Inside were three bears lying on the ground; murdered in cold blood. They looked as if they had been attacked by some kind of beast. The cabin itself looked like the killer had been looking for something. Tables and chairs were over turned. Things were scattered on the floor everywhere.

Bradyn and I looked at it in shock. That's when I heard whimpering. I let go of Bradyn's hand gently and followed the noise. I carefully looked around the house until I found a little blonde girl curled up in a closet. I spoke softly.

"Excuse me..." The girl looked up and gasped. It was obvious that she was very scared and that she had been crying. "Are you okay? I'm not here to hurt you, I promise." I gave the girl a reassuring smile. The girl quickly got up and hugged me. I hugged her back to assure her she was safe.

"Tatiana!" I heard Bradyn scream for me. He had apparently noticed that I had slipped away.

"I'm in here, Bradyn!", I called out. Within seconds, he was in the same room.

"Thank goodness! I thought something had happened to you, I was so worried. Wh-" Bradyn was about to continue when he noticed the young girl in my arms. I explained and he crouched down beside me. He looked at the girl.

"Could you tell us what happened here?" His voice was soft and soothing. It even made me calm. The girl stopped crying and looked up at Bradyn and then to me. I smiled and nodded to assure her that he wouldn't hurt her either. The girl was about to speak when another voice called out.

"Hadley!!"

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

A/N

What's up guys! Thanks for all the reads! Please keep reading! And don't forget to vote and comment! :)