Chapter 8: Restraining Order

A/N

I must appease the beast I call bestie. Here comes a lot of updates close together... I think. Here goes nothing.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

My mind began to race with thoughts until a chilling one stopped my thoughts entirely. I timidly looked up at Winston and asked the question that was on my mind.

"Winston, will His Majesty be involved in these lessons?" My voice was shaking and my body was trembling. Winston gave me a puzzled look.

"Is there a problem, Princess?" Winston still seemed confused. I took a deep breath and looked him in the eye.

"Yes, Winston. I'm afraid, there is a problem." I spoke without hesitation. Bradyn watched us silently.

"What's the problem?", Winston asked. I took another deep breath.

"I wish to have His Majesty kept as far away from me as possible at all times." Winston's eyes widened in shock, after I finished my request.

"Why?" He seemed extremely confused.

"Winston, there's something you need to know." Bradyn spoke up, sensing where the topic was going.

"Winston, I was thrown down the stairs...by His Majesty." Winston looked shocked at my confession. Then he shook his head.

"No no no. There must be some mistake in your memory, Princess. His Majesty said you left his room and must have slipped and fell down the stairs." I sighed. It was going to be harder than I thought to explain this to Winston.

"Winston, I'm sorry to tell you, but you don't know the man you praise as your king." I was trying to be gentle, but the news I was delivering was rough.

"I don't understand, Princess", said Winston. He tilted his head in confusion.

"Winston...", I hesitated. My hands began to tremble at the memory of the many incidents that had happened. I looked down, feeling the courage leave my body. Bradyn, who was still beside me, took my hands in his to calm my trembling. When I looked up, Bradyn was giving me a gentle smile. I could see the concern in his eyes. I took a deep breath and looked Winston in the eye. "Winston, Irving threw me down the stairs. It wasn't an accident."

"His Majesty was also the cause of her death. He killed Tatiana in her previous life." Bradyn noticed how difficult the topic was becoming for me, and finished explaining. With every new piece of information, Winston's eyes got bigger and bigger.

"I can't believe it...No, I won't believe it. Why would you lie about something so serious, Princess?" Winston's confusion turned into a small anger. Bradyn stood and glared coldly at Winston.

"Do you dare question the princess's honesty? Do you know how hard it was for her to tell you all of this? She was trembling at the very memory of the events! Not to mention, her wounds did not match the wounds of an accidental fall. There were even bruises on her bicep that made the shape of a hand. And why would she run back to her room in fear, if she fell down the stairs?" Bradyn's voice was a harsh, low tone. It was clear he was suppressing his rage. Winston must have realized this to and decided to consider his words. His eyes fell to the floor.

"Forgive me, Princess. I did not want to believe anything about His Majesty's abusive side. I will see to it that he is kept away." Winston wouldn't meet my gaze and I began to feel guilty. It was like my heart was being pinched.

"No no. It's not your fault. I, actually, didn't want to believe it at first, myself. I shouldn't have told you so much." Winston finally met my gaze. He gave me a sad smile.

"It's quite all right. But I still need you to come to the court yard soon to begin your lessons. When do you think you will be fully recovered, Princess?" Winston's expression eased with the return of his gentle smile.

"Actually, I believe I am feeling fine now, so I will see you in the court yard in a few minutes", I said happily. My trembling had stopped after the subject had changed. Yet, the fear remained deep within me.

"Very well, Princess. I will see you soon." With those words, Winston took his leave. Silence consumed the room. My heart began to race as a single thought crossed through my mind:

Wait...just a moment ago, before Winston came in...was Bradyn going to...was I...were we about to KISS?!...Oh my god we were! And now I'm alone with him! What now?!

I was going crazy in my mind--freaking out! But on the outside, I was as calm as ever. Then, it finally hit me.

Wait...Bradyn said...he loves me... ...Huh! BRADYN SAID HE LOVES ME!!!

I couldn't keep myself from smiling, at least, a little.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

A/N

Hope you enjoyed that chapter. Look forward to more. Don't forget to vote and comment!