Chapter 6: What He Sees

A/N
What's up guys! I know its not like me to write these at the beginning but just thought I would tell u that it is gonna get messed up after like Chapter 8! Sorry for not updating for awhile. Don't forget to vote and comment! By the way, this one is from Bradyn's point of view.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

I was walking down the hallway, doing my usual patrols around the castle, when I heard a strange sound. It was like a small crashing sound and it sounded like it had come from Tatiana's room.

I hadn't been able to get her off my mind lately. Every time I saw something beautiful, or admirable, it reminded me of her. I didn't know what was going on. Why it was happening. It was very strange to me.

I decided to go check her room to investigate the noise. It was a good excuse to see her, too. I calmly approached the door and knocked.

"Tatiana, it's me, Bradyn. Can I come in?", I asked to get permission to enter, but there was no response. I thought I heard a small noise, but that was it. I knew someone had to be in there. There would have been no noise if there wasn't.

I thought it was strange that she hadn't answered. Usually, Tatiana would come to the door quickly, answer with a stunning smile, and let me in. I was starting to worry a little.

"Tatiana, I'm coming in", I called. I slowly opened the door, just in case she didn't want me to come in, and peaked my head in. What I saw was awful! I could feel my face flush pale and my panic was all over my face.

"Tatiana!", I yelled. Without thinking, I ran to her side, gently turned her over, and held her in my arms. It was like my body had it's own will.

"Bradyn...", she said. Her voice so quiet and frail as she spoke, like it would break at the slightest touch, if possible. I could tell she was in extreme pain. She continued,"...help m...me...please,...Bradyn." Her voice didn't improve.

She had called out to me for help. Right after she finished that sentence, she lost consciousness. I felt like I had let her down by allowing her to lose her consciousness when she asked for my help.

Not knowing what else to do, I clung to her as a few tears streamed down my face. The feeling I was feeling definitely wasn't ordinary. It was a new level of panic, worry, and concern. I didn't know how to handle or explain it.

After a few minutes, I picked her up and sat her on her bed. I went over to a table and got some water from a pitcher and a rag. I sat by her on her bed and began treating the wounds I could see and treat without disturbing her clothing.

At least she's in less pain while she's unconscious...wait, why would I think that?!...well, I am a bodyguard...it's my job.

After I treated the wounds I could, I got a maid from the hallway. I explained what I knew and the maid agreed to treat the rest of the wounds. I waited in the hallway, outside of the room, until the maid was done. I thanked her and went back inside to be by Tatiana's side.

For the next few days, Tatiana's condition didn't get any better. I treated the wounds I could everyday and I slept on the sofa in her room or a chair by her bedside. I would barely let anyone see her. Not even the king could get full access.

As I would sit by her and watch her, and occasionally hold her hand, I would worry about her condition more and more.

When will she wake up? Will she ever--NO! She will wake up! She's gotta wake up! If she doesn't--NO! She will!...but when?

After having this thought, I realized I was avoiding the possibility that Tatiana might not wake up. I didn't even want to consider it. But why?

That's when I started to think of all the emotions I had been having recently. I would think of her a lot, panic easily, and even feel empty when we're apart. That's when I realized what was going on.

I-I think...I think I...Tatiana...

I was in love with Tatiana. It was hard to believe, but it explained my feelings. I smiled to myself. I was in love.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. I got up to answer it. On the other side of the door stood Winston and His Majesty, King Irving.

"His Majesty is here for his occasional visit, Sir Bradyn", said Winston. With a straight face, I allowed them in. However, I was hesitant at first.

"Very well, but no closer than the chair", I said. As His Majesty approached the bed, Winston approached me.

"You seem very tired", he said. I sighed, realizing I couldn't hide it.

"Yes. I am", I said. Winston raised an eyebrow.

"Then, why don't you return to your chambers and rest?", he asked.

"I can't do that, Winston. You know that", I said.

"She is in good hands, Sir Bradyn. I'll keep a close eye on her while you rest. Okay?", he said. I looked over at Tatiana, unconscious in her bed. King Irving was sitting, in a chair, by her bed and holding her hand like a worried fiance would.

Maybe it will be okay for a few minutes. I mean, I can't protect her when I'm tired.

I let out another sigh,"Fine Winston. But you have to watch her with everything you have until I get back!" Winston smiled.
"Of course, now go get some rest", he said. I reluctantly left the room. I wasn't even at the end of the hallway when I heard a scream. It was a woman and it seemed to be coming from Tatiana's room.

"Tatiana!" Before I knew it, I was racing back to her room at a sprint. I busted in the room, my mind racing with thoughts of Tatiana. She was all that mattered.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

A/N

Hope you enjoyed that chapter. I will try to update again really soon! Thank you my 79 readers!