Chapter 17: Hel's Declaration

Hel kept gesturing to me. This was my chance to finally get back at Irving for everything he had done. I carefully made my way over to The Dagger and picked it up. Hel moved her eyes towards Irving, signaling for me to kill him. However, I was having second thoughts.

  Does he really deserve to die? But he did beat me and kill me... It only makes sense for him to die.

  I became determined as I made up my mind. I gripped my dagger and made my way over to Irving. Hel kept screaming.

  "You will get what you deserve!", she screamed. As soon as she finished saying that, I plunged The Dagger into his back. Irving screamed out in pain as Hel smirked. "As I said, you will get what you deserve. Your fate is to die again and leave this world!"

  Hel pointed at him as lightning flashed around the room. My eyes widened in shock as Irving's body began to glow. His screams grew louder and longer as Hel stared intensely at him. I took a step back and watched in shocked silence. The light, coming from Irving's body, became blinding and Irving's screams faded away. When I opened my eyes, Irving was gone. In his place was a black, man shaped stain on the floor. Hel put her hands on her hips.

  "Now that that's done, who are you?", she asked. I gulped a little and bowed.

  "I-I'm Tatiana. Irving killed me when we were living and I was supposed to marry him here", I said. She glared at me.

  "Did you WANT to marry him?", she asked. She crossed her arms and I lifted back up. I shook my head.

  "No! He was going to force me. I'd rather be with him", I said. I pointed at Bradyn. Hel followed my gaze and smirked.

"Ah, yes! You mean the knight", she said and looked over at Bradyn. He immediately went down on one knee and bowed his head.

  "It is wonderful to have you back, Your Highness", he said. Hel walked over to him.

  "Raise your head", she commanded. Bradyn did as he was told. I hesitantly spoke up.

"Umm...Your Highness, did you ever really plan to leave Niflheim?", I asked. Hel turned to look at me.

"What? Who told to that?", she asked. I pointed to the black spot on the floor. "Ah, yes! That must've been his cover story. To tell you the truth Tatiana, I have thought about leaving for quite some time. Before I can do that, however, I have to find a suitable replacement." Hel slowly walked over to me and I stood up straight as I tensed up. She walked around me and looked me up and down, which made me feel a little uncomfortable.

"Is something wrong?", I asked. She stood in front of me with an expressionless face.

  "Question one: What do you think of my gown?", Hel asked.

  What? I'm confused. What is this about?

"It's a very lovely gown", I said truthfully. I had no clue what this was about, but I answered her question.

"Alright. Question two: What is your opinion on how citizens should be treated?", she asked.

"In some kingdoms, citizens are treated like dirt, as if they don't even matter. That is wrong, in my opinion. Citizens are just as important as the royalty. Without them, there would be no kingdom. Citizens should be treated with respect and generosity. If someone wants respect, they have to be respectful, after all", I said. Hel nodded and continued.

"Very good. Question three: What is your favorite color?"

"Red, like my hood."

"It is a gorgeous color. Question four: What would you do with power?"

"I would help people, of course."

"Good. Question five: You could choose anyone, who would be worthy to rule beside you?"

"That one's easy. Bradyn."

"Bradyn the knight?"

  "The very same."

Hel smiled and clapped her hands. At that very moment, maids and other servants surrounded Hel, Bradyn, and I.

  "Gather the citizens! This is an urgent announcement!", Hel said to the knights. They quickly ran off and did as told while I was rushed off into another room.

<Time Skip>

After helping me change into a beautiful red gown, the servants quickly rushed me to what looked like a balcony over looking a court yard, where every citizen had gathered. I could hear Hel speaking to the citizens.

"My people. After a long journey, I have come back to see the condition of my kingdom, Niflheim. I had expected it to be in the same condition I had left it or better. Instead, I came back and found it in an awful state under the rule of a tyrant. I apologize for not inspecting the man I left in charge further. To make up for it, I have banished him and chosen a couple who I believe will do much better", she said. I smirked a little.

  By 'banished' she must means killed.

All of a sudden, the servants started urging me forward and I saw Bradyn in a princely outfit. I blushed and smiled. I thought I saw his cheeks turn a faint red as well.

"My people. Allow me to introduce your new king and queen." Hel stretched her arm out towards Bradyn and I and the servants pushed us forward. "Bradyn Tanner Ackerley and Tatiana Faylinn Aethelu." My eyes went wide.

  That must be what those questions were about! Or at least some of them.

"Thanks to these two, I can finally explore where I wish to explore and not have to worry about the state of Niflheim. Long live your new king and queen!", Hel said to the citizens. The crowd erupted into cheers of happiness and joy. I smiled as I saw Hel mouth 'thank you' to Bradyn and I.

I looked at the crowd and saw many familiar faces. I saw Winston, Raymond, and Arthur smiling and clapping off to the side. I saw Suzette jumping up and down, throwing her fists into the air, and screaming her head off with a smile. Ashton and Hadley were standing close behind her smiling and clapping too. Seeing all the familiar faces made me smile. However, the biggest smile spread across my face when I saw my mother, father, sister, and grandmother in the crowd. I pointed them out to Bradyn and we waved. They smiled happily and waved back.

At that very moment, I promised myself that I would rule this kingdom, together with Bradyn, with as much kindness, generosity, and fairness as I could. That way Niflheim would be a wonderful place for all the dead to live happily.

The End!

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

A/N

What's up guys! I'm so sad! This was the last chapter! But I guess the ending of this book just opens up more time for me to write other books too. Still, this is sad. Thank you all for reading. Check out my other books too. And, don't forget to vote and comment! Bye!