Chapter 16: Another Angry Ex

A/N
What's up guys! I totally meant to update before now, but I keep getting caught up in writing unpublished stories! I can't wait to publish them! Anyway, as you all know, when we left off The Dagger was giving off a blinding light. Let's see where this goes, shall we?

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

~~Tatiana's POV~~

I closed my eyes tightly as the light blinded everyone in the room. Through my closed eyelids, I could sense the light dimming. So, I cautiously opened my eyes.

The Dagger was still on the wet floor with strange glowing markings on the blade. I looked at Bradyn, who was studying the blade as well, and at Irving, who was backing away with an expression of fear and regret.

What'd he do this time?

I looked at The Dagger and the markings all joined into one, brightly glowing, marking at the center of the blade. From that marking, a whisp of white light rose through the air. It circled the room and made it's way in front of me. The light gently floated onto the floor at my feet.

"Ha!" Irving laughed at the whisp of light, once it had floated to the floor. I shot him a dirty look and glared at him. He completely ignored me and continued to laugh in, what appeared to be, victory.

WHAT is his problem?! He definitely isn't sane, that's for sure.

"Ha! That devilish woman couldn't defeat me if she tried! She never had a chance!", he gloated. He started to dance around everyone in victory. "She was your last hope and now she's gone! Hope you don't mind being locked away or maybe...executed!"

I gasped and Bradyn ran over to me. He wrapped his arms around me protectively.

"You aren't gonna get anywhere near here until I'm dead...again", he said. Irving glared at us and then smiled.

"Well, that can be arranged. And, as a little treat, she can watch you die, as a form of torture! Yay!", he cheered. I looked at him in horror.

"How is THAT a treat?!", I screeched. Irving's smile only grew.

"Oh, it won't be for you. BUT, it'll be quite the treat for me", he said. He laughed evilly. I glared at him again.

"You're a monster!", I screamed. He smiled, like he was proud. He took a bow.

"Why, thank you! You're too kind!" He lifted his head and grinned. "Too kind for my liking."

All of a sudden, Irving ran at us. Bradyn shoved me away as he was tackled by Irving. I hit the wall, landed on the floor, and lifted my head. Irving and Bradyn were exchanging punches. I felt helpless...until I remembered the whisp of light. While Bradyn had Irving distracted, I ran to the whisp on the ground. I examined it for a moment before I gently scooped it into my hands. Along with the sounds of fighting, I could here a faint whisper. It sounded as if it was coming from the whisp.

"Save me", it said. I looked at it in confusion.

"How?", I asked it.

"Dry...I need to be dry", it said. It didn't make sense.

So, it needed water to be released, but it has to land somewhere dry and stay dry?

I brought the whisp closer to my face and gently blew on it. I made sure to keep tabs on where Bradyn and Irving were, while I carefully made my way to the throne.

I continued to blow on the whisp until I got to the throne. I gently placed it down on the cushion. All of a sudden, the center of the whisp grew. It got brighter and grew taller, like the shape of a tall oval. I stared up in awe as the oval burst, causing beautiful shards of light to fall around the room.

When I looked at the whisp, or where it was at least, I saw a person's feet. I allowed my eyes to follow up the person's figure until I came eye to eye with a woman. Half of her face was that of a beautiful woman and the other half was decaying or already bone. I assumed the rest of her body was the same way. She smiled down at me.

"Thank you", she said and looked around the room. She spotted Irving on his back and Bradyn holding him by the collar, about to punch him.

"Hold it", she said. Bradyn and Irving looked to the woman simultaneously. "I belief that shot belongs to me."

Bradyn reluctantly released Irving and stepped back. The woman stepped off the throne and approached Irving in a way that only a high and mighty woman could. Irving began crawling backwards and backed himself into a wall. His eyes were filled with terror and regret.

"...Hel", he said. I gasped at the realization of who this woman was. This woman was Goddess Hel. She was the queen of Niflheim who had allegedly left and put Irving in charge. As we had all just found out, she never really left. Irving had trapped her in The Dagger and took over the kingdom himself.

In other words, yet another woman he has manipulated.

It was more than obvious that she was not happy. She grabbed his collar with her bony hand and lifted him to his feet. She glared at him in disgust.

"You liar", she whispered. "'We'll have an amazing future together', you said. 'I love you', you said. What was all that?!"

Her voice rose with every word she said.

"I-I...well-", Irving stuttered.

"Save it! I know everything! You used me!! You wanted Niflheim, so you decided to take it!", she screamed. She turned to where his back was facing me and she could look at me, if she needed too. She continued to scream at him as everyone watched.

Then, I noticed that she was gesturing to me with her free hand, where Irving couldn't see. She pointed to me, to The Dagger, and to Irving's back. My eyes widened as I understood what she was saying.

She wants me to kill him while she screams...

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

A/N

What's up guys! I'm so sad! If everything goes as planned, the next chapter will be the last in this book! Thank you all for sticking with me! Don't forget to vote and comment!