Chapter 12: It's You!

~~Bradyn's POV~~

  I had came back from my patrols and was walking up to the cabin. It was still, but I guess that made sense since there was only one person there. Yet, the stillness of the place bothered me. I walked up to the door and opened it slightly.

  "Tatiana? It's me, I'm back." There was no answer. I walked in and looked around. I didn't find her anywhere. She, her hood, her basket, and The Dagger were all gone. I started to panic. I ran out the door.

  "Tatiana!" I had to find her. That's all I knew.

  Please Tatiana! Please be okay!

~~Tatiana's POV~~

  I was still following the mysterious man deeper into the woods, blindly. We had been walking for quite some time. We had at least walked a few miles. I looked around, filled with worry.

  Please be okay, Bradyn! Please please please!

  I continued to follow the man, my worry growing, as I was consumed by my thoughts. That's when it hit me.

  Wait a second...This man said he found Bradyn badly injured in the middle of the woods... Why didn't he try to help him?...or bring him to me so I could try to help him?... And, come to think of it, he was rather calm for someone coming to get a dying man's partner. And, now that I think about it, the perimeter would've ended about a mile back. And Bradyn wouldn't chase anyone or anything this far, even if they were a threat. But then that could only mean...huh!...Bradyn's not injured!...or, at least, he's not out here... This isn't right! But I have to be subtle about this...

  "Sir? Is Bradyn nearby?" At my sudden question, the man looked behind him at me. Then, he looked around and stopped. I stopped too. "What is it?"

  "This should be far enough." The man smirked at me with an evil look in his eye. My eyes widened and I tried to take a step back, but the man grabbed my bicep. "You aren't going anywhere! You committed treason!"

  I stopped. "How so?" I looked at the man in confusion. He looked at me in utter disgust.

  "You ran off with that guard and left His Majesty. You committed a crime against the king, therefore a crime against the kingdom of Niflheim!" The man had fury in his eyes. I went to take a step back again, but the man tightened his grip on my arm. I gave him a swift kick in the gut. He let go and fell to his knees in pain. I took this chance and made a run for it. However, I heard the man call out behind me.

  "She's all yours now!" I just kept running, but then I heard footsteps behind me. I looked over my shoulder to see if I was being followed. Sure enough, I could see a figure behind me. I turned my attention back to in front of me and ran faster. I needed help. It was a long shot that anyone would hear me, but I had to try, so I screamed for the one person I knew would find me.

  "BRADYN!!!"

~~Bradyn's POV~~

  I had found footprints near the cabin and they looked pretty fresh. Judging from the size, they were probably human.

  I continued to follow the footprints, until I heard a scream. It sounded female and like Tatiana. Her scream sounded like that before. However, I just brushed it off as my mind playing tricks on me. But then I heard it again.

  "BRADYN!!!"

  I realized then that it was Tatiana. I ran in the direction of the voice in a panic.

  "TATIANA!!!"

  I had to find her. I just had to.

~~Tatiana's POV~~

  "TATIANA!!!"

  I heard a voice call my name. My face took on a smile of relief as I kept running.

  "BRADYN!!!"

  "TATIANA!!!"

  "BRADYN!!!"

  "TATIANA!!!"

  We exchanged screams. I screamed, so he would know where I was. He screamed, so I would know he was coming.

  Soon, however, I ran out into the open. I had ran out onto the cliff where I had first found out who Bradyn was. I stopped when I had no where left to run and I turned around.

  I looked at the figure still following me. Glowing yellow eyes were staring at me from the shadows. After examining them for a moment, I realized that my pursuer was not human.

  "BRADYN!!!" I called for him again and, shortly after, I heard him scream my name in return. It filled me with relief. However, the threat was still in front of me. I went to take a step back only to realize that I was on the edge of the cliff. All I could do was stand and watch in fear as my pursuer came closer and closer.

  He came into the light and came closer, until he was around three feet in front of me. He produced an evil laugh. I stared in shock.

  "It's you..." My pursuer just stopped and smirked evilly.

  "Yes. It is me, Tatiana. I'm flattered that you remember." He smirked.

  "H-How could I forget?" I stuttered, but I wasn't as scarred as I was the first time I met him.

  "You have a point. But, then again, you were just a little girl." He was right, but he sounded like he was mocking me. It made me angry.

  "And you were just an old wolf! How's it been since I sent you here? And why come after me now?" I confronted the wolf that had tricked and ate me when I was only five years old.

  "This place is pretty calm. Or it was until someone finds you dead again. I wasn't allowed to attack you before, since you were supposed to be queen, but now I have orders from the king himself. So, let's get down to business, shall we?" With that, he came running at me.

  I looked around in a panic, as things moved in slow motion. My eyes landed on my basket. My hand dove into it and rummaged around, until I grabbed a handle. I pulled out The Dagger.

  As soon as the wolf leaped at me, I lifted the knife and drove it through his right eye. There was a scream of pain and he fell to the ground at my feet.

  I dropped The Dagger and fell to my knees. It was finally over, with that conflict anyway. All I needed now was Bradyn. For him to hug me and tell me I was okay now. I wanted him to tell me I was safe.

  However, I would hear that sooner then I thought.