Chapter 14: Breaking And Entering

~~Bradyn's POV~~

"We're going to get rid of him, for good. Tonight."

Those were my exact words. I meant them now, more than ever. It was one thing to beat her and to have killed her, but to try to kill her a second time, through her painful childhood, was a whole new level. My rage only grew, but I had to keep it contained. For her.

It had already slipped out once. I hated myself for it. The look of terror in her eyes. I know it wasn't for me, but I never wanted to see her afraid. Much less, afraid of me.

All I wanted was revenge. All I wanted was for her to agree. So I could help. It was all for her. It always was and always will be.

~~Tatiana's POV~~

I looked up at Bradyn after he had said those words. They were like a savior to me. I just wanted Irving gone and for him to pay for all the pain he had ever caused.

"Bradyn...let's get rid of him together!", I said. I smiled, but he looked a bit shocked at my words. Then, he smiled at me.

"Okay. Let's do that." His smile grew even bigger, but then we heard running and screaming. We looked to the entrance of the woods to see Suzette, Hadley, and Ashton running towards us and screaming our names. When they saw us, relief washed over their faces and they came over to us.

"We were so worried! We didn't know what to think when we came back you were gone!", Suzette said.

"We figured you guys would be together, though", Ashton said.

"Why are you guys hugging?" I felt my cheeks heat up after Hadley pointed that out. She was right and Bradyn must've noticed it too. We looked at each other and quickly separated.

"N-Never mind. Suzette does The Dagger look familiar to you?", I asked. I held The Dagger out to Suzette and she carefully took it into her hands. She turned it over, repeatedly, in her hands as she examined it.

"Hmm...now that you mention it, it does look like that dagger you showed me a few days before...the incident." Suzette looked over at Bradyn. After all this time, she was still trying to keep my secret. I smiled.

"It's okay. You don't have to keep my secret anymore. I told him everything", I said. Suzette looked at me, shocked.

"B-But why?! You've never told anybody!", she exclaimed. I gave her a confused look.

Really? She hasn't noticed the wolf lying at my feet?!

"Umm, he saw me kill him." I pointed to the wolf. Suzette looked just as confused as I was.

"What? I noticed that thing a long time ago. What I mean is, even if he saw you, usually you would avoid telling him." Suzette was right, but I didn't.

"Well, we are together. He needs to know everything about me. That includes my past. Light and dark." Suzette nodded in agreement. I continued. "But, you're right. That is the very same dagger from when we were children."

"That's odd. What would it be doing down here?...Either way, it's yours, so you should have it." Suzette handed me The Dagger and I put it in my basket. I turned to Bradyn.

"Are they part of your plan?", I asked. Bradyn nodded.

"We're going to make Irving pay for all the pain he's caused. Do you guys wanna help?", he asked. Suzette and Hadley nodded.

"No body kills my best friend and gets away with it!", Suzette screamed.

"Yeah!...wait, that's her, right?", Hadley asked, pointing at me. Suzette nodded and Hadley smiled.

"What about you, Ashton?", Suzette asked. Ashton looked at the ground.

"I don't know. That's my cousin, after all." I gave him a small smile.

"It's okay. You don't have to if you don't want to", I said. He shook his head.

"No. I'll help you. After all, I know he's awful." My smile widened.

"Great! Then, let's go!", I said.

"You're lucky I already have a plan, or else you would be walking off to your certain doom", I heard Bradyn mumble.

"Does it involve me and The Dagger?", I asked. He smiled shyly and averted his gaze.

"Yeah. Do you think you can manage to get him in the back with The Dagger?", he asked. I smiled.

"Of course! I've been waiting for it for a long time!", I said. He smiled and we all walked to the castle.

Along the way, Bradyn explained his plan. We would all sneak in. Bradyn, Ashton, and Suzette would distract Irving, while Hadley stayed with me. While Irving was distracted, I would come up behind him and kill him. It was simple... Perhaps a little to simple.

We arrived at the castle and waited for Bradyn's signal. He went up to the main door and looked for any guards. He signaled us that there was no one and we all, quietly, made our way to, and in, the door.

"Okay. Tatiana, you take Hadley and get to the throne room the long way. The rest of us will make a bee line for the throne room", Suzette said. She was really good at giving out orders. I smiled and nodded. Before I could walk away, Bradyn grabbed my wrist. I turned to face him. He looked at me with pleading eyes.

"I'll see you when it's all over. Promise me?", he said. I nodded and gave him a kiss. He looked a little bit more at ease, but who knew how long that would last.

I quickly grabbed Hadley's hand and we went to the throne room, the long way.

~~Bradyn's POV~~

Tatiana promised me we would see each other again when this was all over. I was a little relieved, but a part of me was worried sick.

We peeked into the throne room. Lucky for us, Irving was completely alone. I pushed the door all the way opened and walked right in, Suzette and Ashton behind me. Irving looked mad, and that made me kinda happy. I smirked.

"Long time, no see. How have you been?", I said.

"I knew you would come crawling back. Where's the girl?", he asked.

"Your little hound killed her. Now, I'm gonna kill you", I stated.

"I find that hard to believe." Irving made a small signal that said 'come here'. Within seconds, Ashton, Suzette, and I were all restrained by members of the Royal Guard.

This isn't good! How could he have known?! Does he know Tatiana's not dead too?! Oh no!

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

A/N

What's up guys! So I know what's going to happen in the story and how it will end, but I was having trouble thinking of how it would get there. Hopefully that won't happen in the next chapter. Still, don't forget to vote and comment!