Chapter 13: The Past Resurfaces

~~Bradyn's POV~~

I heard Tatiana screams get closer and closer. Either I was speeding up or she was slowing down.

"BRADYN!!!"

That one sounded even closer! Like she's really, really close!

"TATIANA!!!"

I screamed back to assure her I was coming. I stopped at an opening in the trees. The opening revealed a cliff with a clear view of the cliff where I found Tatiana after she 'went for a walk'. From there, I saw Tatiana on the edge, staring into the forest.

I watched as a HUGE wolf came out and slowly approached her! I heard their conversation clearly.

"It's you..."

What is she talking about? Wolves can't talk!...right?

"Yes. It is me, Tatiana. I'm flattered that you remember."

Oh my god! WOLVES CAN TALK?! WOLVES CAN TALK!!! OH MY GOD!!!

"H-How could I forget?"

What's she talking about? I'm confused...but she's so prettty- NO! NO! STOP! THIS IS SERIOUS BRADYN! Back to the subject. What is she talking about?

"You have a point. But, then again, you were just a little girl."

Okay...this thing is weird. What exactly did he do? I really don't wanna get the wrong idea here...

"And you were just an old wolf! How's it been since I sent you here? And why come after me now?"

Whoa! That was embarrassing...for the wolf! Man, now I'm really trying to hold back a laugh!

"This place is pretty calm. Or it was until someone finds you dead again. I wasn't allowed to attack you before, since you were supposed to be queen, but now I have orders from the king himself. So, let's get down to business, shall we?"

Oh my god! Irving's behind this?! I'M GONNA KILL HIM!!! I SWEAR IT! HE WILL DIE!!

That's when the wolf jumped at Tatiana. However, before I could even stand up, the wolf was laying at Tatiana's feet. The Dagger had visibly been stuck in the wolf's right eye and pulled back out.

Tatiana dropped The Dagger and fell to her knees. My eyes widened in panic. I stood up. I looked around and found a low ledge that was right above the ground.

"TATIANA!!!"

I ran to the ledge and jumped off it. I landed on my feet and ran straight to Tatiana's side.

~~Tatiana's POV~~

I stared down at my hands.

That's...the second time...I've killed him...

"TATIANA!!!"

Huh?! Bradyn?!

I looked up and saw Bradyn jump off a low ledge and run towards me. I looked at him in shock. He slid on his knees and pulled me into a hug. After I took a few moments to process what had happened, I lifted my arms and hugged back.

"W-What are you doing here?", I asked nervously. He only smiled.

"I, uh, followed your screams and ended up on that ledge." He looked down. "I...heard your conversation. Would you, please, tell me what that was about?" My eyes widened in panic.

Oh no... this is the moment I was dreading... the one subject I wanted to avoid... ... ...but he deserves to know.

I made up my mind, through my thoughts, and looked at him.

"Bradyn there's something you don't know about my past..."

"What is it?" He seemed a bit cautious about the topic.

"W-When I was around 5 years old, I went to visit my sick grandmother, Odile Helewis. I met a wolf along the way. He seemed nice and lead me off the path. Soon, I made it back to the path and continued to my grandmother's house. When I arrived, he was dressed as her and had already eaten her. He swallowed me and my basket, too. I found my grandmother and pulled a dagger from my father out of my bask-" I stopped mid-sentence and looked at The Dagger on the ground. I gently picked it up and examined it closely. "This...This is...my dagger...from when I was a child!"

So, I not only killed him again...I killed him with the same dagger?...I did!

"Wait, wait, wait! You're telling me, that when you were 5 years old, your own father trusted you with a DAGGER?!?!", Bradyn exclaimed. I nodded my head as I kept my eyes on The Dagger.

"He did. And that's probably what saved my life, so many years ago." He looked at me out of sympathy. He wrapped his arms around me and held me close.

"You've been through so much. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you back then." He sounded like he was chastising himself. I placed my hand on his arms, since he was hugging me from the side, to try and comfort him.

"It's not your fault. I can protect myself anyway...as long as I have a weapon, anyway." I tried to reassure Bradyn. He only held me tighter.

"It doesn't matter...you're safe now. Everything will be okay. You're okay now." I rested my head on his chest. Those were the exact words I wanted to hear. We stayed like that for a while before Bradyn broke away. I looked up at him.

"What is it?" He looked furious, like he wanted to hit something really hard. It was a bit frightening.

"That idiot! He sent a WOLF after you?! And not just any wolf! A huge wolf that has tried to eat you before! It makes me so mad!" He clenched his fists and punched the ground. I felt the impact of his punch ripple through the ground. I began trembling slightly. Every time a man my age was angry around me, it was always taken out on me.

I'm sure my fear showed on my face because, once Bradyn looked at my face, his breathing slowed and his expression changed completely. His eyes were willed with worry and sadness as his expression changed to match them perfectly. He relaxed a little and took some deep breaths. Then, he inched closer to me and pulled me into a proper hug. I hesitated for a moment, but I put my arms around him in return. He tightened his grip a little and rested his head on my shoulder. I did the same.

"I'm so sorry...I must've really frightened you...considering your past experiences with a man's anger, it's understandable...I'm so sorry." He sounded like he was going to cry. I gently stroked his back to sooth him.

"It's all right. You were angry for me, not at me." We sat there for a few moments before Bradyn pulled away and gave me a soft kiss, against the setting sun.

"What now?", I said once we had separated. He gave we a confident smile, stood up straight, slightly puffed out his chest, and offered me his hand. I took and he pulled me up, causing me to fall into his chest. He held me close and answered.

"We're going to get rid of him, for good. Tonight."

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

A/N

What's up guys! I hope this chapter was to your liking. Don't forget to vote and comment!