Chapter 5: His Majesty's Possession

I didn't tell anyone about my dream. It had been a few days since Bradyn became my bodyguard. We would spend so much time together and chat about our former and present lives. I was in my room alone, today. I started feeling my emotions again while I was away from Bradyn again.
Ugh! This feeling again! What is it anyway?!... Maybe if I put it all on paper to sort through it... Yeah that's what I'll do.
My page was full after only a few minutes. I read over my page and one phrase in particular stood out:
"My thoughts and feelings seem to center around him..."
That's when I remembered my mother telling me the same thing about when she had first fallen in love with my father. My grandmother had said the the same thing, too.
That's when I realized what I was feeling.
No way...am I...in love with Bradyn?! I can't believe it!
The more I thought about it, the more unreal it seemed. But it was real. It explained everything.
Now, I felt more strongly than ever that I couldn't marry Irving. No matter what! Especially since I loved someone else. I stood up and left my room. I had to find Winston.
I ran around the castle for, at least, ten minutes before I finally found him.
"Winston!", I called. I was very happy to see him. He seemed shocked to see me, though.
"Princess?! What is it? Where's the captain? Has something happened?" He was frantic. I had to calm him down.
Why does he automatically think something has happened when he sees me?
"No, no, no! Everything is fine! Sir Bradyn is patrolling the castle for a little bit. I need to speak with you", I said. Winston seemed to relax a little bit.
"What is it, Princess?", he asked.
"I was wondering if I could speak with His Majesty. Is he free?", I asked.
"He finished his duties a little while ago. He might be in his chambers in the West Tower. Check there first", he said. I smiled and thanked him. Then, I headed to the West Tower.
I climbed the spiral staircase until I came to a small hallway at the top. The only door was on the left side of the short hallway. I timidly approached the door and knocked on it. With in moments, Irving came and opened the door.
"I came to speak with you in private", I said.
"...Come in", he said. I did as I was told and entered his chambers. He sat in a chair at his desk and I stood before him. "Proceed."
I have to stay strong. I have to be brave. I CAN'T back down! This is for BRADYN!!!
"Of course. I came to talk to you about our engagement. I want out", I said. He hadn't looked at me until I had finished that sentence.
"...What?" His voice was low and as quiet as a whisper.
"I do not wish to marry you. If you refuse to let me out, I will tell the entire kingdom my life story, including my end", I said. Irving stood and made his way to me.
Oh no! I said to much about my plan...
He forcefully grabbed my bicep and squeezed. Then, he pushed me into the wall. I could tell his hand would leave a bruise. I was afraid now.
"You won't say a word to anyone! If you do, you will meet another tragic end", he said through gritted teeth. He drug me to the door and threw me out. I landed on the floor and rolled until I hit the wall across the hall.
I timidly began to get up when Irving grabbed me by my hair and brought me to the stairs.
"Consider this a warning...to my bride", he said. Then, he threw me down the stairs. The staircase went eight stories up. I rolled all the way to the bottom.
Once at the bottom, my body lied there. Fear consumed me and I quickly got to my feet. Every part of my body screamed out in pain. I did my best to ignore it. I didn't know if Irving would come down after me. I ran to my chambers and didn't stop until I was inside.
When I slowed down and stood in my room, a sudden dizziness took over. I didn't know how many times I had hit my head, so I grabbed the back of a chair for support.
After a few seconds, the chair went forward, letting my body fall to the floor. My body cried out in pain everywhere. I couldn't hold my tears anymore. I let them flow. I no longer had the strength to try and get up or move at all. As I was about to give up, I heard a knock at the door.
"Tatiana, it's me, Bradyn. Can I come in?" It was Bradyn. I was surprised.
It's Bradyn! He can help me! I need to call to him!
"...Bradyn..." My voice was barely a whisper and my throat was very sore. It didn't seem like he heard me. I kept crying.
"Tatiana, I'm coming in", he called out. Bradyn slowly opened the door and peaked his head in. As soon as he saw me, his face went pale and it was panic stricken. He ran over to me.
"Tatiana!" He knelt down beside me and carefully turned me over and held me in his arms.
"Bradyn...", my voice was still barely a whisper, but I seriously needed help,"...help m...me...please,...Bradyn." His face was in a panic and he looked at me with with enough concern it could've been from everyone. I knew I was safe now, though.
In his warm, strong arms I felt safe. Feeling this safety, I allowed my consciousness, which I had been fighting to keep, to finally fade.

A/N
Just in case this is confusing in anyway, this is not the end yet.