Keep Your Friends Close

Neymar POV

3 Years Later

I finally came back to town with my children, I drove them to my parents house since they haven't seen their grandsons in three years, a lot has changed in my life, and I've decided I don't need change. My boys should spend their lives in a place where their family is.

Even though the old house would have so much memories of my deceased wife I couldn't bare through away the key and move across the country.

Bruna and I have been texting non stop since I've landed two hours ago, she said to meet her at a small bar that we used to go to, as I walked in I noticed immediately that it wasn't only her their was also Rafaela, Oscar, Nate, Messi, Suarez and some other familiar faces all shouted 'surprise' as soon as they saw me.

"What's this?" I say hugging Bruna tightly

"Welcome back party! Plus you're never leaving my sight again do you understand me junior?" Her eyes light up

I chuckle at her enthusiasm, not knowing if it was actually because she cared or the fact that she might be slightly drunk.

I've been dancing, drinking and playing pool I had a fun night with my friends, while we where saying our goodbyes I saw Carly.. I didn't even know she was here, she was with Bee, they hugged each other and Carly walked away.

Nate placed his hand on my shoulder and sighed "dude this party was amazing, I'm so glad you're back!"

I didn't like Nate, not because I was always jealous of his relationship with Blair but the fact that he gave me a weird vibe, but desperate times come for desperate measures and I needed to see Carly, and since Nate is the only person around.. I guess I'll just be nice.

"yeah it was pretty good, hey do you have a car by any chance ?" I asked

Nate nodded holding out his keys to a Mercedes Benz and I nodded "can you take me to Carly's house"

The car drive was pretty slow, Nate was slightly drunk and kept breaking ever second. When we finally got there I knocked on her door.

Carly opened the door, her brown hair was straightened to perfection, she wore a tight black dress and red lipstick.

"Hello, Carly ." I smiled, but she didn't. In fact, I was pretty certain she was horrified.

Either way, she was just as beautiful as she'd always been. I felt my heart skip a beat, pleasantly surprised to find that I still had that reaction to her after so long.

"Look, I know I don't deserve it, but I'd like to talk."

She nodded, still unable to speak.

Five minutes later, she nodded and let me inside. Now that I was alone with Carly at her house it felt almost surreal.

We made small talk for a bit, until I mentioned Her Boyfriend Jason, I've been told by Rafaela that she was dating him.

"Three years, and you want to talk about Jason?" Carly said bitingly.

"No, not really," I admitted.

"Why are you here, Ney?" She asked.

"To apologize. It was my fault. I wanted to talk to you all these years and see how you were doing I know you miss her so much" I was, of course, referring to Blair

"For what? Living your life? How could I possibly blame you for not wanting too see the only person who reminded you of the women you loved?"

"I never meant to –"

"She was my sister," Carly said emphatically. I couldn't grieve because I was too angry, do you know how horrible it is when your own father can't even stand to look at you? It was absolute hell, and I had no one." She says tears in her eyes

"What about-" I began to ask, only to be interrupted.

"He spiralled out, Neymar what do you think? Ethan was too busy with his own unresolved grief.. which, by the way, I had no idea he was even capable of feeling..  I knew you were selfish, but this really took the cake," Carly stated bitterly.

"I know that it's too late to say this, but I'm sorry," I said weakly.

"Yeah, I'm sorry too. I'd hoped that you would never come back." Carly stormed off.

I had known it wasn't going to be pretty, but id underestimated how long Carly could hold a grudge. I would try again later, I decided determinedly.

I slowly walked to the end of the road, where Nate was waiting. "I don't want to talk about it," i muttered. Nate nodded. They made their way back to the car.

"Okay, so we took care of that, good call. Now we can make up for lost time. What do you say friend ?" Nate says chuckling.

Before I could answer and say I wasn't your friend, a van violently pulled up towards them. Several masked men jumped out of the vehicle and put a bag over my head, The last thing I saw before i blacked out was one of the men in the masks shaking Nathaniel Underwoods hand.