Ch.6

"Lea table three needs water refills."  One of the other worker yells to me from the other side of the kitchen while i was trying to situate the plates of the plater i was supposed to serve at any given moment.

"Ill be just a second Jane." I say back to her and i roll my eyes.

Im the youngest worker here. All the others are 40 or older. You can say this is an old school diner. They make the best food in town.

I scrabble to get all the meals distributed to the right people at the large booth. Two small children, a grumpy teenager, and parents. The teenager just keeps to herself with her ear buds in her ears and phone up to her face.

I shook it off and went to go give table three their refill on water. When i head toward the other end of the diner with the pitcher in my hand when i noticed that table three had one person. Didn't Jane say "refills", plural?

I walk over and pour the water into his cup making him look at me. I recognized his face. A recognizable, good looking face.

The other day! He was here with some friends in the corner booth.

"Do you need anything else?" I ask him.

"No not at the moment. Thanks though" he smiled at me.

"Alright" i simply stated and began to walk off.

"Lea?" I heard from behind me.

I stopped and turned around to see the boy swiveled in his seat.

"How do you know my name?" I ask suspiciously.

"Its uh... on your name tag." He chuckled at me.

I look down at my chest and my cheeks heat up. That was embarrassing. Im the stupidest person alive. Duh Lea you work at a diner, why wouldn't you have a name tag?

"Right" i tried my best to play it off. "what do you need?"

"Check please." He said causally.

"Ill be right back." With that i walked off the find Jane to tell her that the customer at table 3 needs his check.

Once i told Jane to take him his check it put her in a bad mood because she "has a lot to do at the moment", and shes "really busy." But hate to break it to her, there isn't gonna be an easy day at the most popular diner in town.

"Just take it to him and if he leaves a tip you can have it. Deal?" Jane asks irritated.

"Deal. But I'm getting tired of taking over your sections almost everyday." I say to her and she momentarily stops washing a pot to give me a glare. I roll my eyes and walk away to the cash register.

I was about finished printing out his receipt when i got the sudden urge to look up to see if there were any waiting customers i hadn't noticed.

"Holy shinkies!" I exclaimed when i came face to face with the table three boy.

"Shinkies?" He asks with a small chuckle.

"Yes. You frightened me." I said to him handing him his receipt.

"Sorry" he smiled with a touch of charm.

"Have a good day........" I paused not knowing his name.

"Landon" he filled in the blank.

"Landon" i repeated with a smile.

Before he walked out he handed me a ten dollar bill.

"You were an amazing waitress." He said as he turned to leave.

"I wasn't even your waitress. I just did some one else's job."

"Same difference." With that he walked out of the diner.