Ch.7

Im beat! I got home and found no one in sight. The house was silent.  The only noise i heard was the old hardwood floors creak when i take a step.

I walked up to the fridge to see a note:

Lea,
Ben is staying the night at Noahs. I will be taking over the night shift at the hospital tonight. There is money in the top drawer of the desk if you want to order something to eat. Sweet dreams Kiddo, get to bed at a decent hour.

Love, Mom.

I grab the note off the fridge, crumpling it in my small hands i throw it into the trash can next to me.

With what the note said i went to the desk and pulled open the drawer the see a $20 bill laying on top. I smile at the sight. I grabbed my phone and press the call button to my favorite Chinese take out place. I ordered my usual which was sweet and sour chicken with fried rice. The mention of the food makes my mouth water.

"Emily!" I shout into the phone.

"Ahh! What the hell!" She yelled back into the phone. I pulled it away from my ear by the sharp pain rushed through my ear from her.

I laughed. "Sorry, wanna come over?"

"Not after that!" She exclaimed and i could see her over exaggerating her arm movements.

"I ordered Chinese?" I told her with a smile on my face.

"Ill be right there!" She rushed quickly and then the line went dead. I laughed at her childish behavior and shoved my phone into my pocket.

I sat on one of the bar stools in the kitchen to wait for Emily and most importantly the Chinese Delivery guy.

Chinese is honestly the best food. How could someone not enjoy such tasteful food. It has all the spice, tang, sweetness, and saltiness. Who wouldnt be satisfied?

Minutes pass when i hear the doorbell ring, but the door immediately opens after. Seconds later the door slams shut and i hear the pitter patters of feet coming toward the kitchen.

"Lea! Please tell me you didnt eat all the sweet and sour chicken?" Emily's voice rings through the house. Before i knew it i see her tall figure in the door way of the kitchen.

"Em, the food hasnt even came yet. You got here in less than 6 minutes." I say to her. She rolls her eyes and lays her hands on her hips.

"A girls gotta eat!" She said while rubbing her flat stomach.

I was about to answer her but the doorbell ringing again cut me off. I stood up from the bar stool and retrieved the money my mom had left me. I was trying to walk to the door but Emily swiftly pushed me back into the seat and managed to snatch the money out of my hands. Before i knew it Emily was already at the front door talking to the delivery man. I decided just to let her deal with the food and i will so kindly wait for her.

She came back with the bag of boxes, setting them down on the counter, she began to go through them.

"I got you your own box of chicken and rice. I didn't want you eating all of mine" i winked at her and grabbed two boxes for me and a fork and spoon.