Ch.11

"What school do you go to?" I asked Landon. We were still sitting in the diner. It was passed hours but the boss let me stay as long as i locked up the place before i left.

"I go the Crosswell High" he states. He looked me straight in the eye when he took a drink of his water.

"Crosswell?" I asked making sure i heard him right.

"Yeah?" He shrugged leaning back. "Why?"

"Nothing" i told him. He gave me this expression telling me that he didnt believe me. "Its just i go to Rixton."

He almost spit his water out when i had told him. I chuckled and shook my head.

"What!" He exclaimed leaning towards me.

"Im not kidding. I go to Rixton. Were you there today when all the drama started happening between our schools?" I asked him and his face seemed guilty but pleased at the same time.

"Uhh" he paused. "Yes i was. Im the Quarter Back for the football team." He stated.

"Thats awesome!" I tell him.

The first gorgeous guy that seems kinda interested in me goes to the rival school and plays for the rival team. This is just amazing. Cue the sarcasm.

"We are gonna smash you this year!" I said confidently with a smirk.

"You wish sunshine" he smiled leaning in towards me from the opposition side of the table.

"We will see buttercup" i said back to him also leaning into the table as we both give each other cold, playful stares.

He laughed and it was music to my ears. He has a lovely laugh. It's contagious, cute and very amusing.

After a while i ended up leaving once he left and i closed up the diner. We exchanged numbers too. Although I'm not sure if we are really ever gonna talk again.

I picked up Ben from Noah's because my mom was once again working the night shift. He asked about Jack. Sure enough i told him everything and he was super ecstatic about Jack being back in town. He was telling how he wants to go to the park some time could play football and basketball. Of course i told him that i would be sure to let Jack know about the plans. Jack is such a big influence on Ben. He is much like an older brother. An older brother is just what Ben needs in his life besides an older sister that he may feel uncomfortable sharing... certain things about.

Once Ben and I we all ready for bed. I told him it was alright for him to stay up for a little longer watching TV. As for me, i went to my well kept room and laid on my bed and turned on my radio. I then got into my bed and laid down.

I looked at my phone hoping that Landon might text me. In the back of my head i knew he wouldn't. All i could do is hope.

I huffed after thirty minutes waiting i put my phone under neath my pillow. I closed my eyes and began to think. Think about everything. Eventually i drifted into sleep.