Chapter 21

We are currently in the car driving to my house. The awkward tension was bothering me. After the kiss i basically ran out of the house. I immediately ran to the car and got inside and buckled. When i was walking away i heard the mumbles of a few curse words.

It seemed like we got to my house in a minute. All i was doing during that ten minute drive was replaying that moment again and again in my head. Not only that but i was letting my mind focus on that moment, i couldn't think of anything else besides him. Landon.

"Thanks for the ride." I said quietly before i exited the car.

He nodded in response and honestly i was quiet sad that that was all i got.

I went on my way back to my house. Its a weekend. What am going to do all day?

"Hey! How was the sleepover?" My mom asked cheerfully once the front door had closed completely.

I put on my best fake smile and replied..."Great. We had a movie marathon. " With that i went up to my room.

I shut the door and instantly fell onto my bed face first. I buried myself into all my pillows that were nicely staked on my bed.

My phone beeped and i swear i was on attack mode because i snatched that phone with in a fourth of a second and raised it right up to my face.

Come in early today. The place is packed. Be here at 12:00.
-Your Boss

Its ten o'clock now. I have time. So i decided to take a shower and actually look presentable for the day. Well...the day at for for a seven hour shift.

Once i had showered, did my hair, got dressed and all the other necessary things, i went back into the living room.

Ben was on the couch playing a video game with his best friend, Noah. They were yelling playful rude comments towards each other as they played a shooting game. We knew that they weren't taking the trash talk literally because they were laughing their heads off.

"Im going to work!" I yelled.

"Already?" My mom popped out from no where asking confused.

"Yes. I got called in early." I told her and grabbed my keys.

"Why don't you stop at a coffee shop and get something. My treat." She smiled and handed me a ten dollar bill.

"Mom, I'm okay." I told her with a concerned look.

"You looked a little stressed. Just go!" She pushed me out of the house before making me take the money.

I laughed at her persistency. I love my mom. Shes literally the best.

Not too long after that i had arrived at the local coffee shop. In the drive thru i got my usual drink, an iced white chocolate mocha. They took longer than usual today. Most of the tome they get it done in less than four minutes.

I arrived at work twenty minutes early. So i sat in the back and scrolled through my phone and savored my coffee before a long stressful day ahead of me.