Ch.8

Last night Emily ended up sleeping over. We stayed up pretty late and I regretted doing so because i had the early shift this morning.

My boss told me one more table to take care of and I'm done for the day. The thing was it wasnt my table, again. It was Jane's but she was "too busy" to take over her section. Only if she knew when i took over her tables i get a bonus.

I wasn't complaining though. The boy was here again. Not just any boy. The hot, mysterious boy. Sitting in that same corner booth, yet this time he had friend whom also looked familiar.

"Lea!" My boss snapped. "Stop starring at the gentleman and go serve them before they leave!"

"Sorry. I got lost in thought." I replied with a laugh.

"Or day dreaming." She remarked while walking away.

I made my way towards them getting out my pen and pad.

"Well isn't it my favorite waitress. I knew you would be here today. " Landon said once i approached their table.

"What do you do? Stalk me?" I replied back.

"Dang dude!" The familiar looking boy pushed his shoulder. "Wait do you?" His expression changed in a snap.

"Kinda" he replied with a smirk.

I bit down on my lip trying yo keep my self from smiling.

"What can i get for you guys. Any drinks?" I ask.

"Water is fine for now." Landon answered.

"Bro i want some Mountain Dew" the boy spoke up.

"Alec shut up." Landon snapped.

"Ill have a Mountain Dew please." He smiled politely.

"Of course. Ill be right back." I said to the while scribbling down the drinks and walking away.

I heard Landon scolding Alec for his bad manners like he was his guardian or something. It was funny to be honest.

I pour some water and ice into one and used the spray nozzle to fill the other glass with the soda. Putting them in my hands i walked back. I set their drinks down in front of them.

"Ready to order?" I asked politely.

"What do you recommend?" Landon asks looking up from his menu to meet my gaze.

I thought for a moment. When i get to take home left overs i tend to take the chicken strips with gravy.

"I really enjoy the chicken basket." I replied.

"What does that come with?" The boy named Alec asked.

"Well three chicken strips, creamy garlic gravy, and toast. Honestly its amazing. I get that most of the time."

"Ill have that" he smiled and closed his menu handing out for me to grab.

"Make that two." Alec said while also handing me his menu.

Minutes pass as the cooks prepare the food for them. With awkward glanced passed along with the mysterious boy that always happens to be here when I'm working.

"Orders up Lea" Scott the head cook shouted over the pans clashing together and the sizzling of oil on the burner.

"Awesome" i mumbled as i grabbed the tray and began to walk.