(3) Mr. Uptight Grouchy Pants

picture of Suki , ^^
CARA OF COURSE!! 

(3) Mr. Uptight Grouchy Pants

Mary

I've always hated first days. My first day of preschool I got time out for biting Stacy Pelosy when she tried to steal my Polly Pocket doll from me. My first day of elementary school my skirt ripped and I was too embarrassed to say anything so I had to spend the whole day with a rip on my right ass cheek. My first day of middle school I got lost trying to walk home and had to spend the night at the police station. And of course, my first day of high school, I got detention for calling my teacher a cunt after she refused to sit me and Kelsey in the same group.

But now this was college. I was determined to make it different.

I just got up at the crack of dawn since my first class started at 7. I blew out my hair and applied my makeup in a matter of 30 minutes, but my outfit took way longer than that to pick out. The thing about my wardrobe is that I only wear black. Nothing but black. Ever since freshmen year, people thought I was goth or emo or something like that, but in reality I just like wearing black. I never really had a reason for it, it just came naturally to me.

A half hour before class starts, I'm in the kitchen, putting grinds and cream into the Keurig Coffee Maker and putting the finished product into two separate paper cups.

My concentration on not spilling the hot liquid everywhere is broken when I hear a door slam closed in the hallway and footsteps approaching. I instantly know who it is.

"Ugh, you read my mind." Justin grunts as his large hand scoops down from behind trying to get a hold of one of the cups.

I slap his hand away. "Aye, get your own." I respond pushing the cup away.

His hand remains in the motion as if he was holding in invisible coffee cup. "I thought that was my own." he tells me, his eyes wide.

"Well it's not." I smirk at him, loving the feeling of annoying him.

I haven't really talked to Justin the whole weekend just because I've been so busy trying to get my college shit in order. Take that mom, saying I don't act like an adult.

Contrary to popular belief, I actually really like school. Tell anyone and I'll kill you.

"So you're just gonna drink those two coffees all by yourself?" He badgers on.

"Maybe, maybe not. It wouldn't be your business either way." I comeback.

He rolls his eyes at me. "And just when I started to think we can possibly get along." He mumbles.

I smile, and take a deep breath as I stir the sugar into my coffee. "We'll never get along, Justin and you know why? Because you're Mr. Uptight Grouchy Pants."

He scoffs. "Mr. Uptight Grouchy Pants? Really? What are you, 7?"

"See, that's something Mr. Uptight Grouchy Pants would say." I shoot back.

He rolls his eyes at me. "Whatever." He retorts, and I knew I won this battle.

I hear a knock on the door and I squeal inwardly, leaving my coffee cups and going to answer it.

When I open the door, I scream so loud that I almost scare myself. "SUKI!" I yelp throwing my arms around my best friend.