(27) Wedding Bells

(27) Wedding Bells

Mary

"It's pretty crazy, huh?" Justin asks as he opens the door of the rental car for me, being poignant not to step on the long train of my white silk dress.

"What is?" I ask, linking my arm through his.

"The first time we met was at a wedding." he smirks, causing me to roll my eyes playfully.

"How feeble minded can you be?" I chuckle.

He scrunches his nose in faux agony. "What? How is simply stating a fact being feeble minded?"

"It's not," I retort matter of factly. "But finding a way to be romantic on the eve of my ex boyfriend's wedding on the other hand," I pat his hand playfully. "A little displaced, don't you think?"

He chuckles back and reaches over to place a kiss on my temple. "You'll be fine, kid." he whispers in my ear. "I have faith in you."

I can't help but blush at his words. My mind drifts back to the night of the engagement announcement, when Justin gave me that really nice pep talk that inspired me to grow some balls and stop holding a grudge.

Justin really is the best thing that's ever happened to me.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Trace's dad, aka Jeremy's business partner, conversing with some other guests.

"We should," Justin unlatches our arms. "We should keep it PG tonight, don't you think? I mean just because my dad and Luisa couldn't make it doesn't mean his blabber mouth friends won't talk."

A wave of disappointment washes over me. But I understand, a secret couple's gotta do what a secret couple's gotta do.

I nod. "Ok." I murmur, and bring my hands back down to my sides.

He seems to sense my apprehension and brings his finger to my chin, causing me to look at him.

"Hey," he smiles down at me. "It'll all be fine in the end, ok? No amount of hiding or sneaking around will ever make me love you less."

I smile. It's crazy, every time I'm with him, every time he talks like that, I feel my heart race so hard that it's gonna somehow lunge out of my chest. It's pure witchcraft, I tell you.

"I love you." I mouth to him, indicating that I was commencing the signal that had started that night at the New Years Eve party.

He grins and brings his fist up to his chest, symbolizing the same thing.

• • •

The ceremony is held in the courtyard of the hotel.

The weather is actually pretty decent today, compared to the usual atmosphere of late winter on the east coast.

I see Trace and Blake in the front, in matching Alexander McQueen Blazers. Blake is facing me, and when our eyes meet, he shoots me a grateful smile, like he didn't actually think I was showing up.

The two of them look so in love. Blake is looking at Trace like he never looked at me, with tears in his eyes that he would never shed for my sake.

I find myself smiling back, a relaxed feeling in my chest. This comes from knowing that everything happens for a reason. I mean if Blake had never cheated on me, than I never would've gotten with Justin.

So it looks like love really does find its way to come out at all costs.

Justin