(30) Truth Be Told.. Part II

(30) Truth Be Told Part II
No One's POV

"JEREMY!" Mary screeches as the door to the private elevator dings open, allowing her to go as batshit crazy as she pleases.

"JEREMY!" she yells again, searching the loft for him.

"M-Mary, maybe he's not home yet." Justin interjects, his whole body shaken with fear on what was about to happen next.

"What is going on here?" the infamous Jeremy pops out of the bedroom, closing the door gently behind him as he speaks in whisper tone.

Just the sight of this man makes Mary feel sick to her stomach. This is the same man that's been in her life for over 10 years. The same man that although she never saw as a father, she always thought would treat her mother like the queen she is.

The same man who did exactly the opposite.

"Why are you whispering, huh?" Mary snaps suspiciously. "Have someone in there or something?"

Jeremy squints his dark eyes, confused as to why Mary was acting so erratic all of a sudden, when everything seemed fine when he had left the party just over an .hour ago. "Yes I do. I told you me and your mother had a meeting with the new nurse," he looks Mary up and down, glancing over her panting body and blood red face. "Why are you..so hostile?"

Hostile. Hostile would be the most gentle word to describe how she was feeling right now.

"I don't know Jeremy," Mary chuckles bitterly, crossing her arms over her heaving chest. "I guess that tends to happen to a person when they find out their stepdad cheating on their own mother."

If looks could kill, than Jeremy Bieber would be long gone.

Mary's tone, along with the fire radiating off her dark eyes illustrated an anger far more than can even be described by words.

Jeremy could've easily denied it, said he didn't know what the hell she was talking about and that she was insane, but there's no use, the damage has already been done.

So instead, he breaks his stare on Mary to look at his son Justin, who he's found himself to become all but estranged from at the moment. The same son who's leaning up against the banister, his palms sweaty and his conscience heavier than the moon.

"You," he points at Justin, hurt seeping through his tone. "You told her didn't you?"

And in that moment, it all goes to shit.

Mary pauses, her angry frown falling into a confused one. "What, why would Justin be the one to tell me?"

"Oh I don't know," Jeremy shrugs bitterly, his composer state of mind now becoming equally as erratic and defensive as Mary's was when she stormed through the door. "Maybe because he's known about it for the past 5 months and has been holding it over my head like its a freakin ten pound weight. Come on Mary, this is no time for reverse psychology."

For an instant, it feels like you can actually see the emotions flying around in the room. Jeremy, filled with defensive guilt and self directed hate stands there with sweaty palms and a heavy heart. Justin, strays in the background feeling like he's just gotten punched in the stomach and a million times.

And as for Mary, well her heart is just broken.

She turns around to face the man she thought she knew, her eyes only now starting to water up with tears. "5 months?" she screeches through gritted teeth. "You knew for 5 months and didn't tell me?"

Whatever anger she's been feeling for Jeremy, has just doubled at the likes of Justin.

"Mary I-" Justin is about to answer, before the creak of the master bedroom is heard, followed by the appearance of Luisa, who the nurse as of an hour ago had condemned to sit in a wheelchair, due to the long term affects of full body chemotherapy.