(13) The Feeling

(13) The Feeling

Mary
"Happy Birthday, my love!" Suki chirps on the phone making me giggle as I take a gray turtleneck out if my closet and throw it onto my bed.

"Thanks babe." I say back.

"Your gonna die when you see your gift!"

I roll my eyes playfully. "As if the MLA format Instagram paragraph wasn't enough."

I hear her laugh. "Nothing is to much for you, babe."

"You flatter me, Suke."

"Well, I'd flatter you even more if you changed your mind about coming over so we can chill in our onesies tonight."

I sigh. "Suke, you know I wish I could. But I can't. This opportunity only comes once in a lifetime, and it's really important to Justin." I speak low, so he wouldn't hear from the room across the hall.

"It's pretty interesting how you always out Justin's needs over your own, even on your birthday."

I could practically hear her smirking.

"Suki, what the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"Oh come on Mare, I know you like the back of my hand. You know you can't hide anything from me."

"And what exactly would I be hiding from you?"

"Isn't it obvious? You hated Justin's ex practically before you even met her, you constantly console him through whatever shit he's going through, and now this? I mean come on, you have to be blind not to see it."

"See WHAT?!" I say, kind of frustrated.

"You're falling for him." she concludes.

"What?!" I say, in shock.

"Oh please, drop the surprised act. You know it, he knows it, probably all of the New York Metropolitan area knows it. "

"I am NOT falling for Justin! I mean, are you insanely?!" I feel the heat rush to my skull.

I hear her breath from her nose. "Fine, if you don't have feelings for Justin than explain to me why you haven't let me set you up with anyone since you've met him."

I go to answer and than my mind catches up to me and I'm frozen for a second, before coming back to modern time.

"Y-you never asked me."

"Oh please," she scoffs. "I tell you everyday that I have someone new for you and you just shrug it off, than change the subject to something about Justin. Like remember when I said I wanted to set you up with my cousin Jonathan, and we ended up having a full conversation about the color of Justin's eyes?"

My cheeks turn the color of Rudolph's nose. "T-That doesn't mean anything."

"Like hell it does. Mary, come on, you can't really be that careless can you?"

I gulp. "Look, Suke I can't deal with this right now. I'll call you later."

And with that, I lock the phone and throw it onto the bed, the hand that was being used to hold it flying up to my forehead, trying to numb the pain that has just grown in that natural vicinity.

Me, liking Justin? Well, that's just insane. I mean, I know he's gorgeous, there's no doubt about that, and I care about him deeply..and I can't really deny the tingling sensation I feel throughout my pores whenever my skin comes in contact with his. But feelings? Now that was just pure nonsense.