(34) The End and the Beginning

Narrator's POV

"I lost him, Suki. I really lost him."  Mary cries into Suki's shoulder as she sits on the couch of Suki's townhouse, the TV playing in the background.

"No you didn't, Mare" Suki runs a hand through her best friends hair. "Maybe it's not too late."

Mary had gone straight to Suki's place right after she found the ring, an emotional wreck as she collapsed in her arms, cuddling it out like no time had passed between now and 9 months ago.

"I said some really hurtful things, Suke." she sniffles. "And plus I walked away from him when all he wanted was too talk. I'm horrible. I wouldn't blame him if he never wanted to talk to me again."

Suki nods, her chin pressed up against Mary's temple. "Mare, that guy's crazy about you. Everything's gonna be fine. Why don't you just call him and work things out?"

Mary sighs, wiping the side of her puffy cheek. "He's probably already on a flight back to LA by now. God, why does he have to be so far away?"

Suki takes a deep breath. She hates seeing her best friend sad more than anything in the world.

Usually, she always has the answer for everything, but this time she's just lost. She doesn't know how to make everything ok again.

Maybe she'll just have to wait. Time heals all wounds after all.

She looks up, her eyes landing on the TV as her mouth drops open, her eyes bulging out like a suffocated animal.

"Mary." she nudges her best friend, not taking her eyes off the TV. "I think he might be closer than you think."

Mary ducks her head out of Suki's chest, looking up at her face. "What?"

Suki nudges her again, this time indicating for her to look at the TV.

Mary does so, and only than does she feel her heartbeat increase to a million beats a minute.

It's the local news. A Chinese-American reporter is standing outside Leon's bar. But now it's not Leon's bar anymore.

It's Mary's.

At least that what it says on the red painted sign that's being put up as we speak.

Justin using his strong forearms to prop it up on the awning.

"Hello, I'm Trisha Yang and I'm here on the scene of a local Brooklyn pub, where music sensation Justin Bieber has just converted the once run down eatery, into a teen girl's haven just by his presence."

Behind her, about a thousand screaming girls stand behind a metal protector shouting Justin's name and holding up posters with his face on it.

It's then that Trisha walks up to Justin, who's climbing down the latter to talk to her.

"Mr Bieber, what gave you the idea to flip this run down establishment and what inspired you to name it Mary's?"

He sighs and looks at the camera, beads of sweat on his forehead. He seems prepared for this interview, like he was expecting the press to come.

"This bar has a lot of significance to me and means a lot to..someone I care about. And as for the name..well, let's just say that this name has been in my head more than anything else. I eat, sleep and breathe that name. That name rings inside my mind like a melody. That name represents the person that I want to spend the rest of my life with."

Just when you think he's getting too intense, he grabs the microphone from the slightly startled woman and looks directly at the camera, getting up closer a little closer.