(7) New Beginnings

(7) New Beginnings

Mary

I have never ducked out of a restaurant faster in my life.

You should've seen the scene me and Suki made as we bolted down the street in the pouring rain, trying to get as far away from that tainted restaurant as possible.

By the time we reach her apartment, we're both sopping wet.

"Mary, are you really sure it was her?" She asks me as I step out of the bathroom, a towel in my dominant hand wiping off the remnants of the warming shower I've just taken.

"Positive." I answer without a shadow of a doubt.

"Than what are you gonna do?" She questions, lifting the brown tea bag in her mug before placing it back down. "Justin's bound to find out sooner or later."

I sigh heavily, taking a seat next to her on the plush brown couch placed in the corner of her living room.

Suki's Brooklyn apartment was just like her; simple and modest.

Without her reminding me where I come from, I'd probably be one of those stuck up airheads who spend their days gawking outside of Saks Fifth Avenue.

"I know Suke, but do you really think I should be the one to tell him? I mean I've barely known the guy 10 days and in those 10 days we've done nothing but argue. I don't think he'd want to hear it from me." I apprehend.

"Well would you rather he hear it from you or her?" she ultimates.

I groan into my hand. "Damnit, I hate it when you're right." I sigh. "I just feel so bad, you know? The poor guy has done nothing but love her unconditionally, and in return she does this?"

I finish my rant to see Suki smirking at me. "What?" I ask, scrunching my nose up slightly.

She puts a hand on my arm. "You know, you're a lot nicer than you give yourself credit to be, Mary Romero. It's really cute how much you care for this boy."

"I do not care about Justin," I defend, yanking my arm away for dramatic effect. "I just don't want anyone else to go through the situation I went through."

"Alright Mary, whatever floats your boat." she shrugs, but her tone still sounds disbelieving.

-

I spend the night at Suki's so I wouldn't have to deal with the whole 'Justin' thing right away. I dread having to see him today at school, but I have no other choice.

The first part of the day goes by rather smoothly, except for the growing nervousness bubbling in my stomach.

When it comes time for History of Film class, I feel like I'm gonna pass out.

I walk into class with my head down, my gaze focused on my all black Adidas Samoas.

"Ms. Romero, are you alright?" I hear a male voice say and I look up to see Professor Murphy giving me a concerned look.

I nod rapidly, not trying to give off a worrying vibe. "Just fine, professor. Thanks for asking." I say as politely as I can, before walking over to take my seat.

I lift my head to see Suki, sitting in the bottom row, giving me a worried look. I just give her a weak smile, my body numbing by the second.  

I see Justin. He's talking to those two boys again, who I've learned are named Ryan and Xavier, but he likes to be called Za.

He's dressed in a red leather jacket and his long blonde hair is slicked back. Damnit, he looks cute. It's hard enough to give an ordinary looking guy bad news, but a guy that hot is really gonna be a challenge.