(24) Arrangements & Ariana Grande Part: II

(24) Arrangements & Ariana Grande Part II
Mary

"Justin, can you zip me up?" I ask into the reflection of the mirror looking at my sexy-yet upset looking lover, who's sitting, arms wide behind him on the bed.

"If I don't, will that make you not wanna go?" he ask bitterly.

I turn towards him, my arms still wrapped around my back holding the clasps of the black Balmain original that Marcus had so eagerly bought me just yesterday.

"Justin-" I say again.

He rolls his eyes. "Yeah I get it, I'm sorry."

I walk over and place my hands on his shoulders. Normally I would ignore his lapse in attitude and just get back to getting ready, but he just looks so sad and adorable at this point, that I just can't look away.

He looks up at me. I notice how his white shirt is opened a few buttons and his hair is still slightly tousled, like he was in no rush to get ready.

"3 weeks," he says, putting his hands on either side of my waist as I remain standing over him. "I had to sit back and watch you be with him for 3 weeks. The hardest three weeks of my life. And now I have to watch it go down again? Like what am I supposed to think?"

I sigh and whip my hair behind my shoulder. "You should think that I love you-and only you. And that's all that matters right?"

He glides his fingers up and down along my skin. "I mean, I guess so but-"

I place my finger over his lip. "Than trust me, ok? You know this is just for the cameras. It'll help both of our careers."

He sighs, playing with the ends of my hair. "My career is worth nothing if it means losing you."

I don't know if he plans saying all these beautiful things, but when he does, I feel my heart nearly burst in my chest. I'm so in love with this guy, it's unbelievable.

I sit next to him on the bed and stroke my fingers along his jaw. "You'll never lose me, ok? I promise."

He presses his forehead to mine. We don't say anything. We just sit there, foreheads touching, basking in the mutual adoration we have for each other. I want to stay like this forever.

Forever is cut short when we hear the sound of the doorbell.

I pull away reluctantly. "That must be Marcus." I say, insinuating on the fact that Scooter personally requested for me and Justin to arrive at the event separately, to stray away from any unnecessary speculation.

He sighs, his minty breath hitting my face. "Good Ol' Marcus, always showing up at the wrong time." he spat sarcastically.

I chuckle lightly as I rub my nose against his, wanting to memorize the texture of his touch. "Good luck tonight, rockstar." I coo, my lips grazing against his own.

"You too, supermodel." he responds, his tone of voice and expression both softening.

I lock my lips with his, basking in the moisture of his mouth, before pulling away, and haphazardly pulling up the back zipper of my dress myself, in a race for time as I hear the doorbell ring once again.

I grab my coat and make my way to the door, making sure to close it behind me as quickly as I can, to avoid any possibility of Justin having a change of civil heart and jumping out to attack Marcus like he was freakin Jacob Black.

...let the the night of deception begin.

•••