Chapter Four

Blake's side

Mom was sitting in a chair and I sat on the bed. I looked to Mom and said, "Mom, we couldn't have been that late. We were what? Five minutes late?"

Mom shook her head slowly and said, "You were an hour late. I was scared our of my wits end. Each time a person came in, I expected it to be you. But, you didn't show. I thought the Navy grabbed a hold of you and Russell. I though you and and Russ were fighting. Even worse, I thought you were hurt! Blake, we're Pirates now. We're in danger. Blake, do you know how much you mean to me! Your the only thing I have left, I'll be dead before I see anything happen to you! Do you understand?"

Mom was actually crying. We were an hour late? But, all we were doing was talking. I looked to Mom and stood up angry, "I'm not a child anymore! I'm a grown up woman! I can handle myself! Russell is teaching me to fight! If anything had happen Russell would have protected me!"

My mother raised up and she said, "What if Russell wasn't there? Then what would have happen? Blake, you don't know how to fight!"

"Well maybe you should have taught me!"

I was yelling at this point. I was on the verge of tears. Mom was angry beyond anything and she said, "I didn't see it neccessary! Had I know this was going to happen then I sure as hell would've prevented everything I could! Why am I so good natured? God why did I have I suggest we take that man's hat back?"

"Well I'm glad we did! Because if we didn't then I wouldn't have gotten another to chance to see Russell!"

"Russell is no good for you! He'll just hurt you like every guy. And I'll be there trying to cheer you up. This is why I didn't want you with Russell. I check on you two every night. I almost want to rip him apart every time I see him so close to you!"

"You don't know anything about Russell! So don't you dare say that!"

"Blake! You don't know what love is! This is why your still a child!"

I was on the verge of exploding, "Well you know what mom. I do know what love is. I'm a grown up! How many times do I have to tell you? Russell is the best! He's teaching me stuff you never taught me!"

"And how many times do I have to tell you that it wasn't necessary at the time! Russell won't be around at times! This is why your a child!"

"Why are you so insisted on not letting me fall in love? Is this why you never got into a relationship? Because you don't trust any men?"

"Blake! Your being so stubborn! We've never encountered these men before in our while entire life! For all we know they could have been lying! I see now that I was a bit untrustworthy but seeing you go with Russell then you show up an hour late makes my warning bells go off! I trust them now but this I didn't!"

I stomped my foot aware of how childish that was. My mother and I were both breathing hard. I turned away and mom I heard, "We're not done yet young lady so don't you dare dismiss yourself!"

"Well too bad! Because I am dismissing myself!"

I ran out. But in my furry, I ran into a broad chest and looked to see Morgan. I glared at him and said, "Go on! Go and tell her you love her! Besides! Your just a womanizer! Go on!"

I started to run off but Morgan grabbed me by my wrist and said, "Blake, go back in there. Your mom said she was not done talking with you yet."

I punched him in thd gut and it shocked him where he let me go and I ran off. I went to Russell who was not in the room and I flopped down on the bed and I cried. I cried for hours. Though, suddenly I felt a hand slowly rub my back. I tensed and looked to see it was only Russell. I clung to him and just started crying again. I must have fallen asleep because when I opened my eyes I noticed Russell still sitting in the same position and I let him go. I blushed, "Sorry Russell. Did you truly stay like that?"

"Yes. You wouldn't let go."

He chuckled and said, "Everyone could hear the "talk". We weren't trying to listen in but, it couldn't be helped. Captain went and checked on you. But, when he didn't come back we all came to make sure everyone was alright. We found you and I waved the guys off. Your mom was passed out on the floor. That was not pretty."

Mom...passed out. I sighed. I need to apoligize. I looked to Russell who said, "She's right you know, I'm no good for you."

When I thought the hits stopped they came again. He ruffled my hair and I said, "Russ! Please, but I-"

"No, don't say it, " Russ spoke seriously.

I slapped him, "Then why would you lead me on?"

I ran out of the room and ran to the only person I had been running to since I was a kid. Well, I'm still a kid. The door was open and I saw mom was sitting up in bed and the guys were all there. Mom softly smiled and she said, "Come here Blake."

Tears ran down my face and I launched myself at my mother. She wrapped me up in her warm embrace.

"I'm sorry mommy! I'm really sorry, " I sobbed.

"Me too Blake. I'm sorry too. Russell, just because you lied, to my daughter to make her see isn't getting you anywhere. If you truly cared then you would have fought for her."

Russell? I looked to see him standing there and he ran out. That night I stayed with mom. Captain took his chair and mom and I were in the bed. I was so confused. Mom was fast asleep but, I knew Morgan wasn't.

"Morgan? Morgan, I know your awake."

"Very smart girl. What can I do for you?"

"I'm sorry for earlier."

"It's alright. We all get hurt. I'm not mad."

He smiled and I knew he wasn't mad. He said, "Blake you look so confused. What's going through that head of yours?"

"Nothing, " I lied.

"Your a bad liar like your mom you know that? If something wasn't bothering you, then you would be have spoke to me."

"You remain a mystery to me Morgan. Anyway, what's happening with Russell? What was all that?"

"Your mom's gonna be so mad at me. I'll deal with it later. Blake, he's in love with you too. He's just being stubborn. He told you that because he wanted you to see what your mom was trying to tell you. Blake, your mother only wants to protect you. That's all."

"I get that part but Russell is so confusing right now."

Morgan laughed quietly and said, "You think your confused, imagine poor Russell. Come with me. I'm going to show you something. Your mom will be okay."

I nodded and went with Morgan. We arrived at Russells room and Morgan indicated me to be quiet. He opened the door and I noticed Russell was nowhere to be seen. I look to Morgan. He indicated me to follow him. He closed the door and we left. We went up on deck. Morgan stopped and from our position, we could see Russell, but he couldn't see us. Russ was practicing. Sweat covered his body. His shirt was off. Morgan spoke, "I've watched Russell when he's confused. You may find me an odd Captain but, I know my crew. If Russell wasn't upset, he wouldn't be here. He would been in his bed asleep. His mind is racing a mile away. See Blake? This is what your mom was talking about."

I sighed and said, "Russ. I'm so sorry."

We left and before we walked back in thd room Morgan said, "It'll be okay. But, you two need space. Also Blake, your mom likes me. She's just stubborn."

Morgan smiled brightly and winked. I giggled and then we went to bed.

A/N: I hope we all still like this! Tell me your opinions please! Loves!