Chapter Fourteen

Zeta's P.o.V

It's been a week since the incident with Jaden. The whole university knows what happened. I don't know who told who, but I don't care anymore. There were rumors that he was sent to jail after he recovered from the beating due to the harassment but he was bailed out immediately. I haven't talked to him since, but it's fine. I don't want to see him anyway.

It's actually good to know that my squad cares for me. They never left my side especially Carrie. Of course, she's my bestie. And thanks to my brother too. They're all enough for me to stay strong.

And Anderson and I are somewhat. . .civil, I guess. It is kind of weird that whenever we'll see each other in school she'll smile at me. Like, SMILE! S.M.I.L.E!! Not her infamous smirk! Can you believe that?! Is she sick or something?? I kept thinking what's gotten into her.

~flashback~

I can feel her warm back against my front as we rode the streets going to my house. The somewhat cold breeze can be felt too and that made me tighten my embrace to Anderson's body. I felt her froze a bit then she relaxed.

"A-are you okay?" She yelled so I can hear her. I saw her face on the side mirror. Her hair's up in a ponytail and I can see concern in her eyes because she has no helmet on, which we argued big time before we took off just like before. I nodded my head and I'm pretty sure she felt it because I'm leaning on her back. "Just a few more minutes okay?" She yelled again but I didn't respond after that. I just want to savor this moment. Wait what?! I-I mean--well--I'm just tired!

After a couple of minutes, we arrived at my house. I climbed down from the bike then I tried removing Anderson's helmet, which I failed epically. Then I heard Anderson laugh.

"What are you laughing at?!" I said irritated. Is she making fun of me? I'm having a hard time here people!

"Tsk. Let me." She said and I didn't know she was already in front of me. All the while she's doing this, I was just staring at her face. I hate to admit this, but she's what you can call a definition of beauty. Maybe that's why girls and guys are crushing over her. And she smells so good. Like really good. Like something you want to eat. Eat. Eat?? I felt myself blush after realizing something about the eating part. What the fudge Zeta?!

"Is there something on my face?" She asked smirking like she knows I was admiring her beauty earlier. "You find me gorgeous, McKenzie?" She teased that earned her a slap on her shoulder.

"Ha! You wish Anderson!" I snorted then about to take the helmet off but then realized it was already off. Anderson's now holding the freaking helmet. How did she--now that's why she can see me staring at her!

"Thanks for the ride!" I yelled in embarrassment then was about to walk towards the front door but she suddenly grabbed my arm. In a nice way.

"Zee." She called me by my nickname, which I forgot to tell you, sounds so good coming from her. I turned around to face her but just like deja vu, I almost bumped to her. And I can smell her yummy scent.

"Y-yes?" I stammered. Her scent's making me nervous! She held my face making me look up to her. I can feel the warmth of her palms.

With a worried face on, she then spoke. "Are you. . .are you sure you're okay now?" She asked looking deeply in my eyes. I can see something in her beautiful emerald eyes. I saw sincerity, concern, and another thing that I can't seem to put a finger to. For a moment I felt like there was a strange energy pulling me towards her.