Chapter Fifteen

Zeta's P.o.V

Anderson drove as if I'm not with her. She's quiet than usual, which I'm not really used to. She keeps on tapping the steering wheel like she's tense or something.

I took a few glances at her every once in awhile, and I can see she's thinking deeply of something. What could it be? Maybe she regretted bringing me with her? Well that wasn't my fault, it's hers. Psh.

I took another glance at her and was quite shocked when I saw her staring at me.

"You know what you're doing is kind of rude." she said smirking at me. Her serious self was gone and back to the usual Anderson.

"Psh. I wasn't looking at you. I'm looking outside your window." I said keeping my cool face on.

"Right." She said with a glint of amusement in her voice.

She continued driving and honestly, I'm starting to feel sleepy. Where on earth could she be taking me?? I hope she's not planning on killing me. That's absurd. Or maybe she'll rape me?! Oh my god! But that's absurd too. Oh well. If she's going to rape me then kill me, she better not make my body look ugly or something.

What the hell am I even thinking??

I felt myself start to dose off.

I woke up hearing Anderson yell at someone. I can hear murmurs so I'm assuming she's talking on her phone. I don't want to make it awkward for the both of us so I kept my eyes shut.

"Shut up! We're not paying all of you so you can watch her get beaten! You could've stopped him from doing that!.....I'm gonna fire you---I am an Anderson so I have all the fcking rights to fire you idiot! You better not be there when I come home--yes I am serious! Of course I'm mad! Are you fcking serious right now?! Pack your things and get out of my house!" With that said, I heard her threw her phone on the dashboard making me flinch.

Wow. She's furious. I remember the afternoon she almost killed Jaden. My god. She's scary.

"I'm sorry if I woke you up." She suddenly spoke making me jump a bit in surprise.

I opened my eyes then looked at her confusingly. She's looking in front but she's now showing a soft expression.

"H-how did. . ."

"You're not a good pretender McKenzie." She butted in with a smirk on her lips.

"Yea whatever." I rolled my eyes at her then shifted a bit on my seat.

"Are you okay?" I asked after a couple of seconds. Well I know she's not okay and it's a stupid thing to ask after hearing her outburst earlier.

I heard her sighed so I glanced at her side but she quickly gave me a small smile. "I'm good." She answered.

Not believeing her answer, I sighed instead. Silence engulfed us again and I still can't move on from her conversation to whomever she was talking to earlier.

"Who's that you're talking to earlier, if you don't mind me asking?" I know I don't have the right to ask her that but I was curious. Sue me.

Again, silence can be heard between us, aside from the sound of the engine. I was about to tell her to forget that I asked but she finally spoke.

"It was our butler. But it's fine so just forget about it, okay?" She said. I hummed a response to her, not pushing any further questions. It's private and even if it's not, we're not friends so she won't just open up to me.