Chapter 7, Not A Good Week

"Kids?!! Come down here please?!" Our dad shouts up. 

My brothers and I make our way from our rooms, downstairs to where our dad is. We all sit down on the couch, while he stood in front of us. 

"So tonight, My girlfriend is gonna come over and you guys are going to meet her. She is also bringing over her two sons as well. I want you guys to dress well and be on your best behavior, please?" Dad says. 

"Sure will dad. But no promises on being nice." Landon says. 

"When will they be over?" I ask. 

"At six tonight." He answers. 

"Okay. Well I have homework right now." I got up and went upstairs to do my math homework. After a while, I called Dakoda for some help on my French homework. Once I finished, I look up to see that it is 5:30. Homework should never be two hours long. 

I go to my closet and pull out a short black dress that hooks in the front. I then put on a pair of black sneakers and some silver jewelry. By the time I finished, it was already ten till 6. I walk downstairs to see Landon and Colton in a pair of nice jeans and a button up shirt. Dad wore  similar clothing to the boys. Dad was in the kitchen cooking a roast and potatoes until the doorbell rang. 

"I'll get that." Dad rushed to the door. 

He opens the door to a young looking women with brunette hair. She wore a loose red dress and some heels with her. 

"Hey baby," this woman says to my dad. She leans in and gives him a kiss on the lips. Eww!! 

"Hi, Kids this is Chantal." Our dad says. 

"Hey, I'm Landon." Landon shakes her hand. 

"I'm Colton," He follows Landon's lead. 

"And I'm Kara." I shake her hand as well. 

"Oh, it's so nice to meet you guys!! Your dad told me so much about you guys." Chantal said to us. 

"Hope nothing to bad." Colton says. 

"Never. I love you guys." Dad says coming behind us and giving us a hug. 

"Almost forgot. Boys come in! They won't bite." Chantal must be talking to her sons. 

Oh please let them be nice. 

"They're shy sometimes. Come on you guys."

I never thought that those two would walk in. I could feel Landon tense up and Colton just glaring at them. I look over at the two boys in front of me. 

"Hey guys, Kara." Sage says. Asher standing next to him smiling. 

No! No! They cannot be her sons! Sage just stands there eyeing me up and down. Perv!

"Well, let's go eat." Dad escorts us to the dinning table. 

Dad takes the end, with Chantal next to him on his right. Then Asher next to her, Sage on the other end, and then me, Colton, and Landon on our dad's left side. We all ate silently till my dad spoke up.

"Do you kids know each other?"

"Yes we do. My brother and I have a class here with Kara." Sage says. 

"You do? That's great!" Chantal says. 

"You do?!" Colton and Landon whisper angrily at me. 

"Sorry." I whisper back. 

I look next to me, to see that Sage was starring down my dress. My brothers follow my gaze and give Sage a death glare, but he only chuckles. The dinner goes by fairly quickly, but without a few awkward moments of Chantal's kids and us. 

"Honey, did you tell them yet?" Chantal asks.

"No I didn't. Did you say something?" Dad asks back. 

"Nope, wanted it to be a surprise." she says. 

"Surprise? What surprise?" Landon asks. 

"Everyone, Chantal and I have been thinking and we are gonna get married." Our dad says. 

My brothers and I just stare at our father dumbfounded. Practically our jaws are hanging wide open. We all snap back and start yelling at our dad.

"What?"

"Why?"

"You're what?"

"Calm down. You guys should be happy like Asher and Sage." We look over at them but they just had a smirk on their faces the whole time. 

"When are you guys getting married?" Asher asks. 

"In a couple of months. Probably after the lacrosse season of course." Dad says. 

"In the mean time, I think it would be best if my sons and I move in here." Chantal says. 

"Yeah, we could bond with you guys." Sage says throwing an arm around my shoulders pulling me closer to him. 

"Exactly right, son." Chantal says. 

Well this night sucks. The most perverted guys in school are going to be my step brothers. Great, just freaking great. At least I'll have lacrosse to ignore them. 

______________________________________________________________

Tell me what you think please? 

Don't worry, I will add more lacrosse into the story, just need to set it up first. 

Vote, Comment, anything please?