chapter 54, A Horrible Epilogue

20 years in the future

Karas pov

Its cold. Like snow freezing cold. And it is. A white blanket of snow everywhere. Its christmas time and my husband, children, and i are visiting the family.

The house is still the same except the house is now a beige color. We knock on the door and are greeted by my dad at the door.

"Grandpa!" My twins shout.

"Come here monkeys!" Grandpa chuckles pulling them into a hug.

"Come here sweetie." Dad says pulling away from them and pulling me into a hug.

I hug my father back. I see chantal behind him, hugging her grandkids.

"Sir, nice to see you again." My husband james says while shaking his hand.

"Come in and grab some snacks. The boys are here." Dad says.

We follow him into the living room kitchen area. My twins automatically head for the desserts with their cousins, while i go see my brothers.

I see landon on the couch with his wife, marnie. Shes pretty with long black curly hair and dark brown eyes. On the other end of the couch is colton and his wife, Prias. Shes a model, and we are not so sure how he scored that. Then i see asher, hes holding a baby in his hands. That must be my new niece! I look for sage, but i dont see him.

"Hey kara come here!" Landon says.

We pass off hugs to each other and then get comfortable talking about our kids sports, schools, and milestones. Landon and Marnie have one boy named, wyatt. He's 16 years old with black hair and green eyes. Hes also great basketball. Asher is a widow with 5 daughters. Yeah crazy i know. His wife died after fighting breast cancer for 3 years. The litte girl in his arms is named after his wife, lauraine. The other four, leslie is 14 years old; lanie is 12 years old; lori is 9 years old; and lyri is 6 years old. They all have long blonde hair and blue eyes just like their mother.  Colton and paria has two sons, sayer and kyler. Only a year apart with sayer at age 10.

After a while , dad calls us in to eat the christmas ham. We sit at the table but before i move to sit down, I'm pulled into a hug by sage. I turn around and hug him back. Him and i got pretty close after everything growing up. Him and i even went to the same college!! He went for teaching and i went for being an a therapist. Kinda crazy i know.

"Nice to see you sis."

"Right back at you bro."

"Where's hannah?" I ask.

"Out with her family." He says, "come on lets go eat."

-------------------

After dinner the kids went off into the game room while all of us siblings sat on the porch drinking a beer or some lemonade. Even our spouses where inside chatting together.

"So then wyatt gets up and starts pounding the kids face in. I wanted to so pat him on the back but i had to be a parent and ground him, though i did reduce his days to just a week,"  landon says

"All for what that punk did to leslie at school? That kid is awesome just like his dad." Sage says.

The boys kids all go to the same high school. Wyatt is protective of his cousin Leslie, just like how the boys were to me growing up. 

"Do you remember dakoda?" Asher asks.

"Yeah, i still stay in contact with him." I say.

Dakoda and i broke up after high school. We had different views about marriage. I wasnt ready but he was. Hes married now with two boys and three girls. He met his wife while on some crazy bachelor party for his friends in college. 

"Sage, what about you? Hows life going?" Colton says.

"Honestly guys not good. Hannah is divorcing me and our three kids have to choose who to live with." He shakes his head.

"Im sorry, why is she divorcing?" I ask.

"She cheated."

"That makes no sense." Asher says while taking a swig of beer.

"She cheated and didn't want that type of atmosphere around the children. So it's signing papers and going to court."

"Sorry man, hopefully you have your kids." I say.

"I know that sara and cameron are coming with me, but our baby girl hailey, i dont know."

"No matter what, your still able to see your kids." Landon says.

"Kara have a beer this time." I shake my head, im comfortable with my lemonade.

"No im good." I say to them.

"Are you pregnant?" Sage asks with a bit of twinkle in his eyes.

"Another one on the way." I smile.

"What?!"

"Is it twins?"

"Maybe triplets!"

"Or more!"

My brothers shouted but i just laugh.

"Im not sure guys. Its a surprise, im only 8 weeks pregnant."

"Do your girls know?"

"Yeah, they are excited to be big sisters. Especially nikie, since shes three minutes younger then serenity." I say.

"We need more boys." Colton says.

"Definitely." Asher says.

The door squeaks open and my husband walks out,

"Honey the girls are getting sleepy. I think its time to go."

"Alright ill be right in." I say.

I get up and hug my brothers goodbye but before i go, sage pulls me aside for one more last good hug. Im going to miss this guy. He took over the big brother roll when colton left and hes been by my side ever since our kids were born. 

"Ill talk to you soon." I say and then head into the house.

"Bye kara, love you sis." I hear behind me before the door closes.

------------------------
Im sorry about the epilogue being short. But hey at least there is one! Lol :)