Chapter 34, Uh?

Super sorry for the late update!! I'll try to update sooner! But enjoy the chapter and I'll try to get another on up soon!! 

_______________________________________________________-

Colton's POV

"Landon!" I shout standing up to help my drunken brother before he hurts himself. 

"I'm tired!" Landon shouts at no one at all.

"Dude, what happened?" I ask him. I pull him over to the couch and let him sit down. 

"A party! and hot girls and drinking." He slurs. 

"We can see that doofus." Sage mutters out loud. 

"How did you get home?" Kara asks with concern in her eyes. 

"I drove here...in my car. Duh!" Landon slurs again, but rolling his head around. 

"You're an idiot! You should've called!!" I shout at him. I know he's my big brother, but sometimes he doesn't think clearly. 

"I don't have my phone." Landon says with a sad face and then passes out on the couch. 

"Ugh! Asher can you help me take him up to his room?" I lean down throwing his arm around my shoulder. 

"Sure. Come here." Asher sighs, grabbing Landon's other arm, pulling it up over his kneck so we can somewhat support him now. 

We lead him to the stairs and slowly walking up one step at a time. I forgot how heavy he is when he's drunk. Asher and I shuffle through the small bedroom door and place him down on his bed. The moment Landon hit the bed, his arms engulfed his pillow, curling himself up to it. 

"Thanks." I say patting Asher's shoulder as we walk back downstairs to see Sage and Kara watching t.v.. 

"Is he in bed?" Kara asks. 

"Yup. Sleeping away like a drunken baby." I say to her. 

"So dude, what did the scout say?" Asher asks sitting down on the chair near the couch. 

"Oh yeah. He gave me his card and said that I will here from him in a few days. But on the back of the card it said that I will have a full ride scholarship to Stanford!" I say to them. 

All of them gave huge smiles and Kara even gave me hug. 

"Great job big brother. You did awesome tonight and you deserve it!" She tells me. 

"Nice dude! Way to go!" Asher says next. 

"Good job bro." Sage speaks up after both of them. 

"Thanks guys. Next year I'm going to Stanford." I say with a big smile on my face. 

"You deserve after all." Asher says.

"Thanks guys, I'm gonna go to bed. Night." I tell them and then head upstairs. 

I sit on my bed in just my boxers, soaking in everything that had just happened tonight. I can't believe I'm going to a university next year. It seems all to surreal for me. 

Knock.Knock. Knock. 

"Come in!" I shout looking over to my bedroom door. 

"Hey son." Dad says walking in with a huge smile on his face. 

"Hey dad, what's up?" I ask him. 

Dad moves over and takes a seat down next to me on my bed. 

"Oh just wanted to come and congratulate you on your game tonight. I heard about the scholarship. Way to go son." he says. 

"Thanks dad. That means a lot to me." I smile back at him.

"I know son. And I have something for you." Dad says while pulling out a small wide envelope from his back pocket. 

"What's this?" I ask, taking it from his hands. 

"It's something to congratulate you on your success." Dad says. 

I open the envelope to see two letters folded up. I open the first letter and it's written from my dad.

"What is this?" I look at him. 

"A while ago, I wrote you, Landon, and Kara a letter to give you before you go to college. But I figured to give yours tonight. It's something personal. The other one is something special just for you."

"Okay? Who's the other one from?"  Dad starts to get up towards the door.

"From your mom," Dad gives small smile then looks at me and says, "Goodnight son. Grats Colton." 

I hear my bedroom door shut, leaving me here alone with two letters in my hands. One from my dad and the other one from my...mom. 

_____________________________________________________

So what do think the letters are about?

Also did you like the chapter? if so maybe vote?

Comment, Vote, or follow. :)