Chapter 19, Friday Night Game (Part 1)

Kara's Pov

It's Friday and we play our biggest rival today! The whole school is dressed up in our school spirit colors, green and white. Posters all over the halls. Saying that we need to be there, to support our team, to crush Clackamas. It's going to an awesome game to start off the year. 

"Class don't forget that, there is a spirit assembly after this class. Head to the auditorium when the bell rings." Our teacher announces. 

The bell rings and everyone gets up towards the door. I grab my bag and walk out of the room into the now crowded hall. I round the corner and see Lilly waiting by my locker. 

"Hey, how was writing?" I ask her. I open my locker and put my books in.

"Alright, just wish Mr. Randew would just give us more time in class to write." She states. 

"What do you have to write this time?" I ask. 

"I have to write a paper about each person that changes my life this year." Lilly says. 

"Who are you going to write about?" 

"Gonna right about my mom, Ryan, and you." 

"Me?" I ask. 

"Yeah, you showed me lacrosse, had me meet Ryan, and spiced up my high school life." She says back. 

"Ok, thanks for being my friend." I say pulling her into a quick hug. 

"Hey Kara!" 

I turn around to see Asher standing behind me. Lilly just gives me look of what the fuck, but I shake it off. 

"Hey Asher, what's up?" I ask him. 

"Nothing, just wanted to see if we could sit together in the assembly." He nervously asks. 

"Umm, sure yeah." I say. 

"Okay, lets go." Asher walks next to me on my right, while Lilly is on my left. 

Lilly kept giving me a glance here and there for why Asher Sanders what being nice to me and hanging out with us. He's a football guy. But if I told her that he is gonna be my step brother some hell is going down between us. I don't know why I don't tell her, but she's been so busy that it never crosses my mind to tell her. Also, Sage doesn't seem to like my brothers and I much, so I won't say something till he does. 

We take a seat in the auditorium waiting for the Taylor and Emily, our spirit announcers of the year, to tell us to show up to the game for support on our lacrosse varsity team. 

"I'm nervous for our game tonight." She states.

"It will be okay. We will cream them." I say to her. 

"Yeah, but this is our first game ever!"

"It will be okay, I promise." I assure her. 

"Okay." She says. 

Taylor and Emily come out screaming and dancing crazy trying to get us rilled up. Everyone in the room stands up and claps to the music playing briefly. Taylor talks about coming out and supporting our varsity and JV teams tonight at six against our rivals. Emily agrees and then goes over our spirit rules for the game. Soon enough, we are all released to go to our lunch break. Lil walks off to our table and eats lunch with the guys. 

"Kara?" 

"Yeah Asher?" I ask him. 

He stands there nervously for a moment and then he just comes out and asks his question.