Chapter 31, Just Try

Kara's POV

I guess a few people already figured we were already dating. All except for a few friends of mine. Lilly the whole time kept pestering me if we kissed or where dating yet, well now she knows for sure we are. As for my brother, Colton, and my soon to be step brothers, Asher, and Sage, they're happy for me. Colton still keeps a close eye on us or has one of our friends, John or Noah or whoever to look out for us. Asher has also helped out with him, but he just ignores my brother's plead to get involved with Dakoda and mine's relationship. It's really nice to not be bothered constantly by him now. 

Dakoda and I walk through the hallway to my second period class hand in hand, which is English. We stop outside the door and kiss each other on the lips real quick and say our quick goodbyes. I walk in and take my seat in between Sage and Asher. 

"Good morning! Take out your essay writing drafts. We will continue to work on your final drafts in a few weeks." Our teacher tells us after the bell rings. 

I pull out my binder with my writing drafts. Taking out my other two previous rough drafts, then my current work. We need to write about something in our lives that changed for better or worst. Add in how it changed our views and what happened. I decided to write about the change in my family. From losing my mom to gaining a step-family; the changes that have been going on in my house. 

"What are you writing about?" Asher asks me. 

"About our soon-to-be family." I smile up at him. 

"That's nice. make sure to mention me as an awesome brother." He chuckles. 

"I'll try to." I kid with him. 

"What are you writing about?" I ask him. 

"I'm writing about a vacation trip I took with my friends last summer. It got pretty crazy and it changed our friendship for sure." He tells me. 

"How?" I pondered out loud. 

"Wait and see for next week. She's having us read each other's work for errors." He says to me. 

"Can't wait to read it." I smile at him. 

I look back down at my work and write another paragraph after my introduction piece. Lifting my head up I see that Sage is done with his draft today and is already going over errors. 

"Sage, what are you writing about?" I ask out of curiosity. 

"Just about my dad." He mutters not taking his eyes off his paper. 

"Oh." I say. I'm not quite sure what to say to that. He lost his dad when he was young. Poor guy. 

"Yeah don't worry about it." He says. 

"Ok." I mutter and turn my gaze back to my own work. 

An hour later and the bell rings signalling class to be over. I shove all my papers in my binder and place them inside my backpack carefully not to damage or tear my work. Following the rest of the students out of the room and out to the cafeteria. Sage comes to my side, since he still needs to my slave for the next six weeks. 

"Come on you can help me with food." I tell him. 

We walk into the lunch line behind a bunch of students. The line slowly moves forward, but not fast enough to my liking. We finally make it to the food. I grab a burger and a drink, while Sage grabs a some Chinese food. We merge into the pay line, and Sage pulls out money and pays for both our meals. Its sort of our deal to make sure he doesn't have to do some ridiculous act. I don't blame him. Sage and I, move to our table and sit down with the rest of the guys. As usual Noah and John are going at it again.