Chapter 12, They Make It Worth It

“One!” clap.

“Two!” clap.

“Three!” clap.

“Four!” clap

……………………

“Twenty-two!” clap.

“Twenty-three!” clap.

“Twenty-four!” clap.

“Twenty-five!” clap.

“Alright! Push ups!!” coach yelled out.

We all dropped to our knees after finishing our jumping jacks. Then we all started to count out our push ups all together. Coach is having us do a mega work out today and then a major real practice tomorrow. I don’t mind exercising but the guys are making it look super easy.

“Fifty crunches lets go!” Coach yells out the next command.

I flop down to my back with my hands behind my head and start doing crunches.

“Kara, This sucks.” I look over towards Lilly.

“It’s ok Lil. Look at our teammates.” I say back.

Her and I look around at the guys with their shirts off building up muscles.

“They make working out worth it now!” She says.

We both laugh at her comment till coach makes us laugh more by telling us to stop starring. Resulting in having the whole JV team running a mile under seven minutes. During the run, most of the guys would give us dirty glares or a smile for starring at them. Guys can be so cocky at times.

“I know I want to play lacrosse, but it takes so much work.” Lilly exasperates.

“You get used to it. Come one before the guys hate us.” I say to her. Speeding up my running to be further in front of her.

We finish our mile and then go straight into weight lifting. The JV team works on one side of the room while varsity on the other. Coach is having me work out with the JV team today. After three hours of practice, coach decides to let us have a break and let us go home. I drop my gear and start taking off my gear. Colton walks up along with John.

“Yes?” I ask, while taking off my shoulder pads.

“Ask Lilly for a ride home. I’m going over to John’s house.” Colton says. He gives me a quick hug and then walks off to his car with John in tow.

I slip a hoodie over my tank. Leaving me in a pair of shorts and a sweatshirt. Great, how am I supposed to get home? Lilly already left. Well I can ask Dakoda. I pull out my cell phone and dial his number.

“He-“Dakoda’s voice is cut off, when my phone was pulled out of my hands. I look behind me to see Shawn behind me.

“Need a ride?” He asks.

“No I don’t!” I state back to him. I pick up my gear and start walking off.

“Kara! You need a ride, come on.” Shawn says running up and grabbing on my upper arm to turn me around to face him.

“No I don’t. Not from a jerk like you. Go ask your toy if she wants a ride.” I say to him, yanking my arm out of his grasp.

“Are you jealous? I can take you back if you give out?” He asks me.

“One, I’m not jealous. Two, you’re a fucking asshole jerk. Three, you cheated on me and I won’t get back with you ever.” I yell at him.

“Sure. Lie all you want, but you can’t deny it.” He says to me.

“Bye Shawn!” I walk off with my gear in tow.

Shawn runs up and grabs me around the waist and pulls me closer to him.

“Come on, you might be better than that chick I banged.” He says trying to kiss me.

I wiggle myself around avoiding him. I lift my right knee up quickly, slamming it in to his package.  Shawn lets go of me and drops down to the ground holding himself. I use this as my chance to make a run. My gear bag bouncing up and down as I run away around a corner of the school. I slow down once I think I’m clear of him. Slowly making my way down the sidewalk towards my house. Walking there should take me an hour to get there. I pull out my phone again to dial Dakoda’s number, but instead I see my step brothers coming out of the locker room.

“Sup, sis?” Asher asks.

“Just walking home. See you guys there.”

“Come on. Let us give you a ride home.” Asher says. Sage just stares at him, but continues walking to his car.

“It’s alright, I’m fine.” I continue on walking.

“Alright see you later.” Sage says sitting down into his car seat.

“Come on. Your dad wouldn’t like it.” Asher says. He picks me up and sets me in the backseat of the car. Asher sits in the passenger seat and soon enough Sage pulls out of the parking lot.

“Thanks guys, but you could’ve left me there to walk home.” I say to them.

“Fine then get out.” Sage says to me. The car still in motion.

“No! I’ll get hurt.” I say to him.

“Then stay here.” Asher says.

“Fine.”

The car ride home was awkward and silent. Except for maybe when Asher turned the radio on. Other than that nothing was said between the three of us. Once Sage parked the car, I pick up my gear and walk into the house. Landon sitting on the couch, Dad in the kitchen with Chantal cooking up food.

“Hey we’re home!” Asher says walking in behind me.

“Hey boys, Hi Kara!” Chantal yells from the kitchen.

“Hi Landon, what’s up?” I ask.

“Just chilling. How was practice?” He asks.

“Hard but fun as always.”

“That’s good.”

Sorry for not updating lately. I seriously feel bad for it. Also sorry if it's too short. So enjoy and let me know what you think.

Comment and Vote. Have a great summer!! J