Chapter 24, Game #2

Monday Morning

"Good morning." I cheerfully say to my family.

Colton and Landon sat at the dinning table eating cereal and toast. While, Asher sat at the kitchen island with eggs and bacon.

"Why are you in such a cheery mood?" Landon asks.

"I don't know just am." I say to him with a smile.

"You should be happy that the football guys have to be our slaves for the rest of the year." Colton says putting a bit of cocoa puffs into his mouth.

"Ahh, enjoy it but don't be rude." Landon says.

"I know bro, but tell that to the rest of the guys." I say to him while I steal his slice of toast.

"Tell who?" Sage says walking in and taking a seat next to Asher.

"The whole school that you have to obey us." Colton laughed. Landon and Asher just shook their heads in disappointment. 

"Whatever." Sage mutters. 

"You guys should head to school, before you're late." Landon says to all of us.

We all stood up and grabbed our backpacks, then straight to our cars for school.

"See you at school Sage," I tell him, before he drives off. 

I ride with colton in his black mazda, chatting away about what will today be like with the football guys following our rules. 

"I'm gonna make it so that Tristan has to wear a chicken costume tomorrow." Colton laughs.

 Soon enough Colton and I make it to school with ten minutes before class starts. I pull out my phone and send a text to sage saying, Hey meet me at my locker 343B before lunch. I think I want to have him have a small morning to himself before everything goes down, unlike his friends. Some of the lacrosse guys already have their guys dressed in dresses, wearing make up or just ridiculous outfits, or just doing random stuff. Like colton, he's making his guy carry his books and everyone elses, and to always announce Colton to everybody. Oh well, poor guy. 

The first two class periods roll by quickly for lunch to start. I walk to my locker to find Sage there waiting for me and Lilly? 

"Hey Lil, what's up?" I ask opening my locker.

"Not much. Is Sage your servant for the year?" She asks back. 

"Yep he is." I say with a small smile so Sage can't see it. But right now I think he doesn't care. 

I close my locker and turn to face them both. Lilly just has a smile on her face and Sage looks pissed. 

"Ready guys?" I ask them and they nod their heads into response. 

We walk into the cafeteria and sit down with the lacrosse guys and their new "servants". I take a seat down next to Lilly with sage sitting between me and Noah. 

"I'm so glad we won Saturday!!" Noah exclaims. 

"Me too, it's been just hilarious." Mike says.

"Haha yeah guys." Colton laughs with. 

"Kara are you enjoying it? Doesn't seem like you had him do anything." Noah turns and says to me. 

"Well, I'm just waiting. Letting him have a nice relaxing day before it happens." I tell the guys. I look over at Sage to see his lips upright for a few seconds but then its gone. Did he just smile at what I said? Did he smile?!! Ugh! 

"Girl! Your just like John here. He hasn't done anything either!" Noah shouts at both of us. I just roll my eyes out of annoyance at him. 

"Like there is much to do today. We have a game today." John states back to everybody.