chapter 29, Snipe Hunting

Asher Pov

"Hey I'm home!" I shout while I walk around the house to my room. I drop sleep bag that I keep in my car just in case, on my bed. I wonder if anyone is home?

I decide to go see if Sage is even here. I walk out of my medium size room I share, and walk next door to Sage's room. My first finger knuckle lands on the door a few times, creating a soft knocking sound a few times. 

"Sage! Are you here?!" I shout, but silence just fills the air. 

"Sage?!" I question through the door. Again, nothing but silence. 

I turn the cool medal door knob, opening the medium size room up to my eyes. The lights are off, and two beds that are occupied are accompanying the room. I see Sage passed out holding on to his red sheeted pillow in his arms. His left leg is half way off the bed and his blankets hung on him tightly holding him up. In the second bed, lays small tiny body curled up under the large comforter. Only a little bit of blonde hair strands are sticking out from under the comforter. I pace around the bed to see Kara asleep with a little bit of drool escaping her mouth and onto Landon's pillow. 

Deciding to not wake them up, I go back out of the room closing the bedroom door behind me. I walk down the stairs to the living room to watch some tv. 

"Pass the ball! Pass it you idiot!" I shout angrily at the tv. Clenching the tv remote in my left hand. 

Number 4 on the soccer team refuses to pass the ball to his teammates. But the other team that is in white jerseys are all over him, blocking his last three shots to the goal. Number 4 moves around them and takes a shot into the goal, but number 4's guard blocks his shot and takes it down the field and scores. 

"Ugh! You idiot, maybe that's why you guys don't win your games since you don't know how to pass!" I shout out to the tv. Even though it can't respond back. My hands grip through my hair in frustration. I throw myself on the couch with a rather loud thump and a heavy sigh.

"That bad of a game?" 

I turn my head to look up the stairs to see Kara in a pair of black shorts and tank. Her hair is still frizzy, but a bit more tamed. 

"No, just some dude doesn't know how to pass the ball." I tell her.

"Uh huh, sure it is." She smiles at me. 

"Don't tease, that's mean. Maybe I should ask you why you crashed in Sage's room last night?" I lift my eyebrow up and smirk. 

"I uh..uh.." She stutters. 

"Well?" I ask her. 

"She had a nightmare so I helped her." I turn my head to see Sage walking downstairs in nothing but a pair of sweatpants. 

"You helped her? Since when?"

"Since no one was home, I thought he could help." Kara says. 

"Alright, nice job big bro." I say to Sage, even though he's only two minutes older than me.

He smirks at me, but continues into the kitchen for a bowl of cereal. Kara then stands up and head back upstairs. I turn my gaze back to the tv and is soon joined by my brother.

"You have fun last night?" Sage asks. 

"Yeah, kind of nice to get out of the house you know." I tell him. 

"Oh yeah." He says. 

"Hey guys! What's up?" Colton's voice echoes through the room. 

"Just watching tv. You?" I ask back.