Chapter 9, Tryouts

Friday couldn't have come faster. Colton and I could only talk about today. He wants Varisty again, and I just want to make JV. At least be on the same team as Lilly, that's for sure. Shawn, was here as well. Though, he avoided mostly everyone, except for new meat. Everyone trying out, had on all the gear and is now running back and forth of the field doing lines. It's tiring and stressful to keep up with the guys. But lilly and I held our own. 

"Colton, Noah, and Ryan! Come here! Everybody else, Shooting practice."

We all moved infront of the goal taking turn shooting, while the goalie tried to shield it from the goal. Danny did a great job, blocking all of them. I ran up and shot it, having it bounce up hitting the upper bar and scoring. I move to the end of the line and do it again, making a score again. After a little bit of shooting, coach makes us run some plays for positions we want. Lilly moved as much as she could towards the goal but kept getting hit in the ribs. 

Coach then watched my group try out for the midfielders positon. We kept getting hit and knocking down left and right. I made sure to knock down a few guys to show I can handle the hits. He seemed impressed by our efforts of talking and running out plays we set up. I think I know what position I am getting. 

"Move it!" Coach had yelled. 

We ran again and again through some course and cradling our balls in our lacrosse sticks. Coach has us running and doing shooting and passing drills to see if we can handle it. And damn, it sure is pushing us for our stamina. I will so need a shower after this. The coach worked us till our legs and arms were wobbly. 

"Alright, everyone take a break. I'll read out who made what team. For JV2: Porter Anderson, Tyrone Mason, Thorin James, Damien Mitch, Zac Race, Kale Holcomb, Dustin Bailey, Brandon Morris, and Alec Vichtor." Coach takes a deep breathe, then continues.

"For JV: Kyler Cross, Carter Yale, Easton Ronald, Rylan Walter, Nick Felix, Lillian May, Rylie Thompson, Liam Zane, and Kara Davis!" 

"Lastly, for Varsity..we have: Colton Davis, Ryan Miller, Noah Smith, John Yull, Shawn Taylor, Aiden Wilson, Mike Xavier, Reese Parker, and Kara Davis. Alright, Now go home!" 

Coach walked off, but I caught up to him. 

"Sir? There must be a mistake. How can I be on Varisty and JV?" I ask him. 

"You have skill Kara and some day I want you on varsity, but you need practice. So it's a nice view of what you will do next year or at the end of the season. Now goodbye." He walks off. 

Whoo!! I made two spots!! I run over to Colton and give him a huge hug. Then giving one to Lilly. Her and I are on the same team!! 

"Kara!" I look over to see Dakoda walking over to us.

"Hey Dakoda, guess what?!" I cheerfully ask him. 

"Haha, What?"

"I made JV and Varisty!!" I shout. I jump up and down excitedly and then jumped myself right into Koda's arms. 

"Congragulations!!" He gives me a hug back. 

"Thanks. Now I'm really tired." I say aloud. 

"I bet. I saw the whole tryouts." 

"Wow, That bored?" I ask him. 

"Maybe. So what's up?" He asks me.

"I don't know. Guess I will go home."

"Oh okay." Koda looks a bit dissappointed. 

"I can ask if you want to come over. If you want?"

"That would be cool." He smiles at me.

"Okay hold on." I run over to my brother Colton to ask him. 

"Colton?"

"Yes Kara?"

"Can my friend Dakoda come over?"

"Sure. But Landon and I get to interrogate him."

"Fine." I mutter back. Stupid brothers. I run back over to Dakoda. 

"You can come over. Let's go." I grab his hand and we run off to Colton's car. 

We finally make it home. The whole car ride, Colton kept giving Dakoda death glares through the rearview mirros. But, I will admit, Koda handled it really well. He just kept smiling at him. We all walk through the front door and then Colton grabs Koda's arm and yanks him back. 

"Landon!" Colton yells. Soon enough, Landon makes his way down the stairs. 

"Yes?" He asks. 

"We need to talk to Kara's new friend, Dakoda here." Colton says. 

"Alright. Kara, go into the kitchen." Landon says pushing me there. I walk into the kitchen so they can see me there. But the moment they start talking I creep up to the doorframe and listen in on them. 

"Dakoda, right?"

"Yes sirs." Dakoda responds. Wow, he's got guts that's for sure. 

"Dakoda, what are your intentions with Kara?" Landon asks. 

"I'm hoping to be friends with her. She's a fun girl and sweet." Dakoda answers him. Awe he thinks i'm sweet.

"Okay. We don't mind that you want to be friends with her. But if you break her heart, we will break your neck." Colton says to him. 

"Understood. I swear that I  will not hurt her." Dakoda responds. 

"Good. Now go." Landon says.

Dakoda comes around into the kitchen to meet up with me. I make him some popcorn and then go up to my room to watch Finding Nemo. 

__________________________________________________________

Sorry it's so short, but it was needed to get more lacrosse into it. Hoped you semi-lke it.

Vote, comment please? :)