Chapter 13, Your Invited

Can English ever be easy? We all speak it and yet, we still need to learn the principles of it. This school really needs to work on having more successful classes, like maybe a napping class. That would seriously be helpful in the mornings. The teacher is just going off about how the main character in the Odyssey is supposed to do some heroic thing. Blah blah blah. Boring as fuck. So far, my newly step brothers haven’t said one thing to me. Which is completely weird to me? Shawn was missing from first period and in second period he has a black eye and busted up lip. Guess the team finally got their chance to attack. The bell rings and its lunch time. I stroll over to the lacrosse table where mostly half of the varsity team is. While the JV team is sitting at the table next to us. I pull out my sandwich and take bites out of it while listening to the table’s conversation.

“Ready for tonight?”

“Yep. Can’t wait to get drunk.” Noah said.

“Party?” I ask.

“The lacrosse team is invited to a school party at John’s house tonight.”

“Yeah, It’s gonna be awesome. As long as Noah stays away from my sister.” John says giving Noah the death glare.

“I’ll try, but your sister likes me.” Noah responds.

“Alright. So anybody is invited?”

“Yep. But no upstairs guys. Can’t try to break anything.” John says.

“You going to invite Koda?” Lilly asks.

“Maybe. I think he would enjoy it.”

“What about your brother?”

“Well, he can suck it for now. I wanna have fun.” I say back to her.

“Alright. Kara grew up!” Lilly high-fives me and we go back to John yelling at Noah.

The lunch bell rings and everyone heads off to class. I rush there extra early to see if Dakoda is there. I take my seat in the back right when Dakoda walks in.

“Hey there!” He says to me.

“Right back at ya. What’s up?” I ask.

“Not much. Just talking to a pretty girl.” He says.

“Yeah right, anyways what are you doing tonight?” I ask

“I don’t know probably play video games. Unless you want to come over and have some fun together,” He says wiggling his eyebrows up and down.

“Nope, instead, how about a party?”

“A party? I didn’t know you were the party type.” He says to me.

The bell rings signaling class to start. Our teacher starts going over the homework.

“For number two, the answer is Chien (dog). Three is, Vache (cow). Four is, chauve-souris (bat).”

“Dang it!” I mutter under my breathe.

“Missed it?” Dakoda asks.

“Yeah. What about you?” I ask him.

“Got it right. I’m starting to understand it.” He says back.

“Good for you. You should really help me more.”

“Alright. Oh and by the way..” He says looking at me.

“Yes?”

“I will go with ya.” He says back.

A smile growing on my face with delight. I’m excited that he can go now! Hopefully my brothers won’t do anything. Once school had finished I caught a ride with Colton home. I went straight upstairs to finish my homework, so I wouldn’t have to worry about it later. An hour goes by and I finish all my math, English, and French homework. I get up and head down the hall to Colton and Asher’s room. Bringing my hand up knocking on the door.

“Yes?” Colton’s voice echoes through the door.

“It’s me!” I shout back.

“Come in!”

I open the door to see Colton on his bed doing homework. I walk over and sit down on the other side of his bed. Closing the door behind me.

“What do you want?” He says without looking at me.

“Just curious when we are leaving for the party?” I ask him.

He looks up at me and then back down to his work.

“The party is at nine, so about 8:50.” Colton says.

“Okay. Thanks.” I get up and walk out of his room into mine.

 It’s six-thirty, so I have three hours till we leave. But I will need an hour and a half to get ready. So an hour to relax. I grab my computer and sit down to watch YouTube videos.  Just watching random dog tricks and Call Me Maybe parodies. I’ll admit, some of the guys in these videos are really cute. My cell phone alarm goes off to let me know to get ready. I get up towards the bathroom to take a quick shower. Returning back to my room, I grab out of a pair of dark skinny jeans, a turquoise floral print tank, and a crop black jacket. I slip them on over my undergarments. Then putting on a pair of black converse. I pull out my black eyeliner and some mascara, putting them on my face last. I know weird, but I like it that way.

Soon as I finished, It’s 8:40. I grab my phone and head downstairs to see that Landon is in the kitchen and my new step brothers are on the couch watching Nitro Circus. I walk into the kitchen and take a seat at the kitchen island.

“Sup sis?” Landon asks.

“Waiting for Colton to be ready. We’re going to a party.” I say to him.

“Party? I don’t think you should go. Remember last time?” He asks me.

“Yes I remember, but I don’t want that to stop me.” I say back.

“What happened?” Asher asks walking in.

“Nothing.  I’m going Landon.” I say to him.

“Fine. But just be careful.” Landon says.

“I will.”

“You going to John’s party tonight?” Asher asks me.

“Yeah, are you?”

“Maybe,  the football team considered it.”

“Football players hate the lacrosse team.” I state  back to him.

“Yeah, but one of our linemen also plays on the lacrosse team.” Asher says with a smug look on his face.

“Who?”

“Easton Roland.” Asher answers.

“Hmm. Fine.” I glare at him for a moment till my brother's voice brought me out of my thought.

“Kara ready to go?” Colton says walking in. He looks Asher up and down, then just glares at him.

“Yep, I am.” I get up and walk out to Colton’s car.

Putting the car in drive, we head to John's party.

___________________________________________________________

I know it's not much, but it's just something different from all the lacrosse stuff so far.

Please comment on anything. Characters? Got any ideas you would like to see? Anything really, and then I'll dedicate a chapter to ya. 

I love hearing anything you say. 

Comment and Vote please? :)